Saturday, August 3, 2019

LOVE NOT POSSESSIONS!




LOVE NOT POSSESSIONS!
There is a great amount
Of WEALTH
In this world
In this country
And there is NOTHING
WRONG with having some possessions
In this life
As long as WE
Don't let that
Be the DEFINITION
Of our lives
"Take care to guard
Against all greed
For though one may be rich
One's life
Does NOT consist
Of POSSESSIONS"                                                                                                                               Luke 12:15
I don't know about you
But I want to be
DEFINED BY
Who I loved
And who loved me
NOT by the AMOUNT
Of possessions
That I had=
Or didn't have
WHEN I face the Lord
At the end
Of my time
On earth
I want GOD to
LOOK at how much love
I had for my FAMILY
For my friends
For all of MANKIND
Not at the possessions
That I had
Jesus TOLD US
The two greatest commandments
That count
For ALL OF ETERNITY
"I LOVE you Lord-
My strength"                                                                                                                            Psalm 18:1
"'The most important one'=
Answered Jesus
'Is this=O Israel
The Lord our God
The Lord is ONE
LOVE the Lord
Your God
With all your heart
And with
All your soul
And with all your mind
And with all your strength'
The second is this
'LOVE your neighbor
As yourself'
There is NO COMMANDMENT
Greater then these"                                                                                                                                Mark 12:31
And so Dear LORD=
WE PRAY
NEVER let our possessions
Get in the way
Of our LOVE for you
And our love for
OUR FELLOW MAN=
Our dear brothers and sisters
PLEASE clear away
All the stuff
That keeps us
From loving you and
Loving YOUR PEOPLE
"Now I am ready
To visit you
For the third time
And I will not
Be a burden
To you
Because what I want
Is not yout POSSESSIONS
BUT YOU"                                                                                                                                   2 Corinthians 12:14
It is the LOVE OF GOD
AND OTHERS=that truly matters
In this world
In Jesus' name=and in the name=of our EVER LOVING=ever lasting GOD the Father
Robert P. Wallman
8-3-19

Ps       INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Melanie Rigney

No comments:

Post a Comment