Wednesday, July 22, 2026

LONGING TO HEAR THE LORD'S VOICE=and so ARE WE

 

 

 

 

 

 

LONGING TO HEAR=THE LORD’S VOICE=and so are WE

(THE FEAST DAY=OF SAINT MARY MAGDALENE)

 

WHEN we LOSE someone=By death=Or even if=They are Just missing=There

IS a Shake up=in us=and If we LOVE that person=We LONG to hear their VOICE=

Once again=That was the Case=With Mary Magdalene and Jesus=When he Died=Or

So she THOUGHT

 

And then When she saw him ALIVE=She was FILLED WITH JOY=For she was=LONGING

To HEAR the Lord’s voice=once again=JUST ONE MORE TIME!=and so are WE=”Mary Magdalene=

Went to the Disciples= With the NEWS=’I have SEEN the Lord!’=and she told them=

He had said these  things to her’”                                                                                                             John 20:18

There is/ARE=LOTS of joy=In today’s readings==In SONG OF SONGS=The BRIDE is

Looking for=Her lost love=and then she finds him=”All night LONG=on my bed=I LOOKED

For the one=MY HEART LOVES=I looked for him=But did not find him”      SONG OF SONGS 3:1

And in Psalm 63=The Psalmist is SEARCHING=For his/her God=as You and I are too=

“You God are MY GOD=Earnestly I seek you=I thirst for you=My whole being=LONGS for you=

In a dry and parched land=Where there is no water”                                                               Psalm 63:1

And then we have Mary Magdalen=Whose FEAST is today=SEARCHING for the body of Jesus=

And FINDING THE RISEN LORD!

 

And that is TRUE=of us ALL=On today’s feast=In today’s world=SEARCHING FOR God=Searching for

Jesus=LOOKING to hear=The LORD’S VOICE=Just one more TIME=and much to OUR SURPRISE=Just Like Mary Magdalene=FINDING him=Living=IN our own hearts=our own minds=and

Our OWN SOULS=”For truly I tell you=Many prophets and righteous people=LONGED to see=what

You see=But did not see it=and to HEAR what you hear=But did not hear it”                     Matthew 13:17

“Jerusalem-Jerusalem=You who kill the prophets=and stone those=SENT to you=How often

I have LONGED=To gather your children together=as  a hen gathers her chicks=Under her wings=

And you were NOT WILLING”                                                                                                               Matthew 23:37

“Now there is=In store for me=The Crown of righteousness=Which the Lord=THE RIGHTEOUS

JUDGE=Will award to me=On that day=--------and not only to me=But also to all=Who have

LONGED for his appearing”                                                                                                                 2 Timothy 4:8

LONGING to hear=THE VOICE of Jesus=Just ONE more time=In my HEART=Just like Mary

Magdalene=WE ALL ARE=On this day=Mary’s feast day

 

Mary does NOT RECOGNIZE Jesus=at first=But she KNOWS her SHEPHERD=as we all do too=

Dear Lord=WE PRAY=Let us HEAR your voice=ONE more time=In today’s world=For ONE

MORE MIRACLE!=”ALONGING FULFILLED=is sweet to the soul=But fools detest=Turning

From evil”                                                                                                                                                           Proverbs 13:19

HELP US=Dear Lord=To RECOGNIZE YOUR VOICE=YOUR LOVE=In our life=Even in the

Darkness of this world=Mary Magdaleme was LONGING To hear your voice=and so are

WE ALL!=Just one MORE TIME!

 

In Jesus’ name=and in the name==Of our FROREVER LIVING=FOREVER LOVING=FOREVER

GUIDING=Holy Father God!

 

Robert P. Wallman

7-20-2026

 

 

Ps        INSPIRED by an article=IN LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE=by Greg Erlandson

No comments:

Post a Comment