Tuesday, July 21, 2026

THE COMPASSION OF JESUS!

 







THE COMPASSION OF JESUS!


Today=we see a story

That DEMONSTRATES Jesus' COMPASSION=

Anyone who has ever LOST

A loved one=would be

DRAWN in too


At the ENTRANCE of

The city Nain=

Jesus encounters a weeping woman=

A woman=who has LOST

Her only son


“A man=who has died

Was being carried out


The ONLY SON

Of his mother

And she was a WIDOW”                                                                                           Luke 7:12


We can only IMAGINE Jesus=

An only son


Seeing the PARALLELS between

His own family=this woman

And his VERY OWN MOTHER


FILLED WITH COMPASSION!


I too can IDENTIFY=when I was 22

And being told=

I was NOT going to live


All I could do

Was imagine the PAIN

Of my mom=and my FAMILY

If I was no longer here


JESUS was FILLED WITH COMPASSION!

For the widow Nain


“As a father

Has COMPASSION

On his children


So the Lord

Has COMPASSION

On those who fear him”                                                                                            Psalm 103:13


“For a brief moment

I abandoned you


But with DEEP COMPASSION

I will bring you back”                                                                                                Isaiah 54:7


“But after I uproot them

I will again have COMPASSION


And will bring

Each of them

BACK to their own inheritance

And their own country”                                                                                            Jeremiah 12:15


Jesus knows something

Of the TENDER relationship

Between a MOTHER

And the LOSS of her child


He KNOWS that the LOSS

Of her child=is

Her GREATEST FEAR


I know it too=because I

Could feel MY MOTHER'S PAIN

If I were lost to her=

And this world


COMPASSION MOVES JESUS!


“But while

He was still a

Long way off


His father saw him

And was FILLED

WITH COMPASSION for him


He ran to his son

Threw his arms

Around him=and kissed him”                                                                                               Luke 15:20


Jesus is MOVED with compassion

He restores LIFE

To the widow Nain's SON


And sees an EMBRACE

Between her and her

Almost gone FOREVER SON


THE COMPASSION OF JESUS!=

How does compassion for

The PAIN in someone else

Move you to ACT TODAY?


FILL YOURSELF with

THE COMPASSION OF JESUS!


In Jesus' name=and in the name=of our FOREVER COMFORTING FATHER!


Robert P. Wallman

9-16-19 and 7-21-2026



Ps       INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Chris Koellhoffer, I.H.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment