Sunday, July 26, 2026

GUIDED TO LOVE UNIVERSALLY=AND INCLUSIVELY

 











GUIDED TO LOVE UNIVERSALLY AND INCLUSIVELY



I wonder

What percentage of people

Really have a handle

On morality and ethics

In today's world


I wonder what percentage

Of people

Can actually live

With a CLEAR CONSCIENCE


Based on the evening news

And based on

Some of the stories I have heard

I have a hunch

That it is

NOT REAL HIGH


“I speak the truth in Christ-

I do not lie-


My conscience

JOINS with the HOLY SPIRIT........”                               Romans 9:1


We really have 

To LIVE in tune with God


We really 

Have to be guided

By the Holy Spirit

To have a clear conscience


“So I strive ALWAYS

To keep my conscience clear


Before God and man”                                                         Acts 24:16


What a noble thought

Paul writes with

And yet so very difficult

To do


I too

ALWAYS strive to do this


And it can only be done

IF we are guided by the Holy Spirit

And if we

Always try to be righteous

Under God

And in our dealings with our neighbors


This can only be done

If we are ROOTED

In union with God


“How good and pleasant

It is


WHEN God's people

Live together in UNITY”                                                     Psalm 133:1


“Make every effort

To KEEP the unity

Of the spirit

Through the bond of peace


There is one body

And one Spirit


Just as you were called

To ONE HOPE


When you were called

ONE Lord-one faith-one baptism-


One God and Father of ALL

Who is over all

And through all-and in all”                                                          Ephesians 4:3-5


WE PROCLAIM a universal 

And inclusive church

Yet many of us only associate

With those that are like us


People we understand 

And like


We may not like

Some people

We may not like

Some of their actions


And yet

We are ALL part of the church


ONE church-one God-and one FATHER


Like my mom used to tell me:

LOVE draws a circle

And pulls people in


And hate draws a circle

And pushes people out


WE are at least

TO ATTEMPT to pull

All people within the circle


The SPIRIT asks

Each one of us that


To attempt to LOVE

UNIVERSALLY AND INCLUSIVELY


Dear Lord-we pray

HELP US to be there for all


In Jesus' name


Robert P. Wallman

10-29-15and 7-26-2026



Ps     INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Julia Walsh, F.S.P.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment