Thursday, July 23, 2026

SHELTER FROM THE STORM

 









SHELTER FROM THE STORM


ONE of the things

I know for sure IS-

In life


Is that

We all go through

The storms


There are NO EXCEPTIONS

I can tell you that

FOR SURE


And one of the things

WE can do for others

As they go through the storms

Of life


Is to OPEN our hearts

Open our lives

And open our HOMES for others


Just as God always does

Just as Jesus always does FOR US


“If you

Consider me a BELIEVER

In the Lord


Come and STAY

At my home........”                                                              Acts 16:15


AS BELIEVERS-one of the things

My family has always done


Is open up their homes

To FAMILY-friends-and neighbors


My grandparents did this

My parents did this

And I have ALWAYS done this

( as well as my sisters)


To quote from a Bob Dylan song:

“Come in-she said-

And I will give you-

SHELTER from the storm”


I take REFUGE in God

I take refuge in the Lord


“But let all those

Who take refuge

In you-BE GLAD


Let them ever

SING for joy


SPREAD your protection

Over them

That those who love your name

MAY REJOICE in you”                                                       Psalm 5:11


“Come in-he said-GOD SAID-

I will give you

'SHELTER FROM THE STORM'”


“The Lord is a refuge

For the oppressed


A stronghold

In times of trouble”                                                                    Psalm 9:9


“EVERY word of God

Is flawless


He is a SHIELD

To those

Who take REFUGE in him”                                                               Proverbs 3:5


There are few WORKS of MERCY

In life-as challenging

As OPENING your home

To someone in NEED


RECENTLY- I was on

A five-week journey

Up through the NORTH


I THANK my family and friends

For opening up their lives

And their homes to me


OPENING up our homes

To someone in need is necessary


NECESSARY for us

To actually PROVE

We are CREATURES OF GOD


And necessary for those who stay

For whatever reason-

They are IN NEED


“COME IN-GOD SAID-

And receive

'SHELTER FROM THE STORM'”


Robert P. Wallman

5-2-16  and 7-23-2026


Ps        INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Eve Tushnet

No comments:

Post a Comment