Saturday, August 1, 2026

LOVING THE AGED=OUR LENGTH OF LIFE

 

 

 

 

WITNESS

 

 

2-18-13

 

 

LOVING THE AGED---Our length of life

 

 

“The length of our days is 70 years---or eighty

If we have the strength

Yet their span is but trouble and sorrow

For they quickly pass---and we fly away”                                     Psalm 90:10

 

We ALL want to live a long life

The psalms tell us

Our life span is 70 years

80 if we are strong

 

But I suggest to you

It is not the quantity of years

That is important

But the quality of our lives

While we are here

 

To me---quality of life means

The love that we give and receive

Both from and to God

And from and to others

Particular the older people and children

 

“Do not cast me away

When I am old

Do not forsake me

When my strength is gone”                                                                     Psalm 71:9

 

My parents taught me to

“Respect my elders”

But I dare say

That, in general

Our world leaves a lot to be desired

In that respect

 

“Is not wisdom found among the aged

Does not long life bring understanding”                                                   Job 12:12

 

And so Lord

As our lives quickly pass

And our lives fly away

We pray for a new respect for the elderly

And for the youth of our nation

And our world

 

“Gray hair is a crown of splendor

It is attained by a righteous life”                                                            

 

RESPECT THE AGED AND THE ELDERLY

They have earned it

 

Robert P, Wallman

5-11-11

 

WITNESS      2-18-13

 

Ps I AM 71 and ½ years old now=and LIVING=One day at a TIME=with

The HOLY FATHER GOD and Jesus=I will go with them=as long as

THEY CARRY ME!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment