Saturday, February 25, 2012


FEBRUARY 26thth, 2012





I OWED GOD ONE





Many years ago, in a hospitalization that began on my 22nd birthday, I had gangrene,
Peritonitis, blood poisoning, and a host o other things.  I had emergency surgery and
Was given 0 per cent chance to live.  I had the last rights, went unconscious and two weeks later woke up alive.

What I didn’t know was that my Uncle John was outside punching the walls and praying.
What I didn’t know was that my Dad was praying, “he’s just a young man, he has his
Whole life in front of him, I wish God would take me.”  My grandfather, Carl Wallman,
Who was 72 years old and in fair health, was praying the same words as my father.  The
Day that I left Saint John’s Hospital and went to my Aunt’s to recuperate, my grandfather
Had a stroke and went into that same hospital.  My grandfather died February 26th, 1977.

I have lived my whole life with a chronic illness and in severe chronic pain.  I had always
Wanted to meet a woman and have my own family.  It never did happen for me.  My health, and my finances due to health, were factors.

Many years later, in a different city, I met a woman who I was immediately attracted to.
I will call her Jennifer for the purposes of this story.

Jennifer was a petite woman of not more than 100 pounds.  Jennifer took an immediate
Dislike to me---though I couldn’t imagine why.  I knew I didn’t say or do anything.
Jennifer her the three most beautiful girls---about 8, 10, and 14 years old.  They were
A beautiful family of Hispanic origin.  It turned out that there was some sexual abuse within the family.

I was never quite able to connect with Jennifer---but years later I got a card signed by
Jennifer and the three girls that read:


                   “we will keep in touch with you and remember you are in our thoughts and
                     Hearts as well as God’s.”

While it will never be the kind of love I had hoped for as a young man, I will always love
This woman and her 3 girls; with ”a spiritual kind of love.”

Jennifer’s birthday is February 26th.  I guess you could say:  “I OWED GOD ONE.”


Robert P. Wallman
February 14th, 2007


Ps               Happy Birthday Jennifer---God Loves You!

No comments:

Post a Comment