Saturday, January 19, 2013







WITNESS


1-20-13  (  reposted from 11-14-11  )



GIVING THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES


As I sit here
Reflecting on my life
Preparing to fly to Maryland
To spend Thanksgiving
With my 2 sisters, my 4 nieces,
And other family members
Some memories flash through my mind
To times gone by

Lying there
Packed in an ice bed
For 2 weeks---with a temperature of 108

I thank God for life

Bleeding internally
My blood count going down to 3

I thank God for life

The Good Father asking me
If I wanted to say an act of contrition
Or say something in my words

Saying:  “I don’t think God
Wants me to die
But if he does
He must have a reason
And to please bless
My father, my mother, my 2 sisters,
My family and my friends,
Because it would be harder on them
Than it would be on me
I would be gone

But if God
Wanted me to live
I would live
For my family, my friends,
And for all people everywhere”

And waking up a week or two later alive

I thank God for life

Spending 3 of the next 5 years
Again in the hospital---in critical shape
On my birthday

I thank God for life

“May you never take
One single breath for granted
God forbid
Love ever leave you empty handed”                          
        (  Lee Ann Womack---“I HOPE YOU DANCE”  )

THANKING GOD FOR LIFE

All the support
I received from my parents
Never questioning---ALWAYS LOVING

I thank God for family

2 sisters---4 nieces
That give me emotional and financial support
ALWAYS being there for me

I thank God for family

An extended family
Beyond compare

I thank God for family

Old friends
That are still there for me today

I thank God for friends

New friends
That I have made from Miami
To Palm Beach Gardens and beyond

I thank God for friends

People that I have met
From all over the world

I thank God for you

Priests, clergymen and women
That I have met

I thank God for God
I thank God for you

By human standards
My life is a total failure
No health---no money or material possessions
No family ( wife or children )

But along the way
I found GOD
And I found YOU

“I have learned
The secret of being content
In any and every situation
Whether well fed or hungry
Whether living in plenty
Or in want”                                                                1 Philippians 4:12

“Be joyful always; pray continually;
Give thanks in ALL circumstances
For this is God’s will for you
In Christ Jesus”                                                             1 Thessalonians 18


HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE---I LOVE YOU

Robert P. Wallman
11-14-11


Ps         November 25th would have been my Father’s 80th birthday---there is a Mass
             For him and my Mom at Immaculate Conception church in Mechanicsville,
             Maryland.  As I do every day, I will pray for ALL families and ALL children.


WITNESS 1-20-13



No comments:

Post a Comment