Thursday, August 7, 2014

I DISCIPLE

















I DISCIPLE


FAMILY CHRISTIAN Bookstore
has a kind of a program called “I DISCIPLE”


I am not really sure
What it is-other than being asked
To join it over and over again


I declined


A NEIGHBOR of mine
Asked me what
The word disciple means
And I EXPLAINED it to her
The BEST that I could


And she said,
“SINCE I read your poetry
I am a disciple of yours”


NOTHING could be further
Than the truth


For us CHRISTIANS
There is ONLY ONE teacher
ONE MASTER
And that is
OUR Lord and Savior Jesus Christ


Jesus tells us himself
WE are HIS disciples


“IF you hold to my teaching
You REALLY ARE my disciples
THEN you will KNOW the truth
And the truth will set you FREE” Matthew 8:31


And the truth is
Jesus IS the SON OF GOD
Who left his very own spirit
To teach and guide his disciples
LONG AFTER
He was physically gone
From this world


NOT I disciple
HIS DISCIPLES


For everything
We pass on
To someone else
Was TAUGHT to us
FIRST BY HIM


“A NEW COMMAND
I give you
LOVE ONE ANOTHER


As I have LOVED YOU
So you must
Love one another


By this
ALL MEN
Will know
That you are my disciples
IF you
LOVE ONE ANOTHER” John 13:34-35


WHEN Jesus came
Even the great teacher
John the Baptist
KNEW
It was time
To step aside


“HE must become GREATER
I must become less” John 3:30


And the GREAT disciple
To the gentiles
Saint Paul-said:


“I have been crucified
With Christ


And I no longer live
But Christ LIVES in me


The life
I live in the body
I live
BY FAITH
In the SON OF GOD
Who loved me
And GAVE himself
For me” Galatians 2:20


I STRONGLY CONCUR
With Saint John the Baptist
And Saint Paul


I BEGAN to die to myself
In bodily form
At age 22
And am TRYING
EVERYTHING in my power
To come closer and closer
TO GOD and Christ


NOT I DISCIPLE
HIS DISCIPLE


There is ONLY ONE teacher-SPIRITUALLY
In this world


Everything else
In Christianity
FLOWS FROM HIM


Even his name
Is in the word Christian


“The disciples
Were called CHRISTIANS
First at Antioch” Acts 11:26


“THEREFORE
Go and make DISCIPLES
Of ALL nations


Baptizing them
In the name of the Father
And of the Son
And of the Holy Spirit


And TEACHING them
To obey everything
I have commanded you
And SURELY I am with you
To the VERY END
Of the age” Matthew 28:19-20


PROUD
To be HIS disciple
And BELONG to him


Robert P. Wallman
July 8th, 2014


PS PRAYING that my words and actions and LOVE magnify GOD and Christ in this world


No comments:

Post a Comment