Monday, October 7, 2013

MY SISTER-MY ANGEL-MY FRIEND







WITNESS




10-7-13




MY ANGEL---MY SISTER---MY FRIEND


How do you define
The word angel


I define it
As heavenly beings
Created by God
To assist people
But appearing in human form


My sister Terri
Has been an angel
To me
For a number of years


Terri was named
After Saint Theresa---the Little Flower
The Saint of the ordinary


And Saint Jude ( her middle name is Judith )
The patron Saint of hopeless cases


How fitting


She assisted my Mom and Dad
And me financially
When my Father
Was maimed by a surgeon
And couldn’t work anymore


Saint of the ordinary
My angel---our angel
My sister---my friend


After my Father died
Because of my health problems
And my Mom’s advancing years
She brought us to Florida
Found us a place to live
And continued
To help us financially


Our angel
My angel---my sister---my friend


What a grateful blessing
To me
To get to know
My sister Terri---as an adult
All over again


My Mom, Terri, and I
Had so many happy family times
Down here in Florida


I feel
So greatly blessed


My sister---my angel---my friend


When my Mom
Had her emergency surgery in 2007
And pulled through
My Mom said,


“I would have given up
But every time I looked up
You two were standing there
I had to go on”


So grateful
For the last 2&1/2 years
The 3 of us had together
As my Mom passed on


My angel---our angel
My sister---my friend


I never had a computer
Couldn’t afford one


Terri gave me her computer
In 2005---and thereafter


If one word
That I have ever written
Has touched you
You can thank my sister Terri


After my Mom died
She increased the amount of money
She was giving us/me
So that I didn’t have to move


Saint Theresa---patron Saint of the ordinary
Saint Jude---patron Saint of hopeless cases


Theresa Judith---
My angel---my sister---my friend


I always told her
That she was going to be the first Jewish Saint


Now that she is Christian/Catholic again
On her birthday which was October 7th
I told her she was promoted
From a Saint to and angel


At any rate---today---the feast of ALL Saints today
Please join me in saluting her
And ALL the Saints that touch each
And every one of our lives on a daily basis


This one is for you


Robert P. Wallman
November 1st, 2011


Ps Terri’s birthday was October 7th---also the feast day of
OUR LADY OF THE ROSARY







WITNESS 10-7-13

No comments:

Post a Comment