Sunday, January 25, 2015

JOURNAL=FROM EARTHLY VESSELS TO HEAVENLY BODIES

















JOURNAL=FROM EARTHLY VESSELS TO HEAVENLY BODIES




“I RECALL your SINCERE FAITH that first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and that I am CONFIDENT also LIVES in you” 2 Timothy 1:5


What a GREAT COMPLIMENT to Timothy and his family-by the APOSTLE PAUL=to have a FAMILY of GREAT FAITH


I TOO come from a FAMILY of great faith=my mom and my dad-my grandparents-OH I MISS ALL of them and the EXAMPLES of their GREAT FAITH in my life-and I MISS so many family members that are long gone-UNCLE JOHN-AUNT STELLA-UNCLE CHUCK and AUNT BETTY-cousin Jim and on and on-I also miss family members that LIVE far away-my sisters-my nieces my cousins-and ALL OF MY FRIENDS-GOD I AM BLESSED-what a great great LIFE that I have had


BY GOD-and by Paul and Timothy-and by MY OWN FAMILY AND FRIENDS-I am REMINDED that GOD did not give us a timid SPIRIT-but ONE with a HEART FULL OF LOVE


And I am REMINDED of my family-and their PASSIONATE FAITH and their courageous and GENEROUS deeds in HOW THEY LIVED


IT IS a great day to be ALIVE in GOD'S LOVE for us and a great day to HONOR OUR FAMILY-their FAITH-and their NAMES and the example they sent for us






WITNESS




9-7-13




FROM EARTHLY VESSELS TO HEAVENLY BODIES




We are earthly vessels
But we are designed
To CARRY something


And what we are DESIGNED to carry
IS THE WORD OF GOD


A vessel is designed as a container
(ie. a bottle-a bowl-a cup-etc.)
For holding something


And in that something-that person-that body
IS INFUSED with a quality like faith, hope,
Love, grace, etc.


“And in him you too
ARE being built to become
A dwelling place
IN WHICH GOD LIVES BY HIS SPIRIT” Ephesians 2:22


I don’t know about you
But my body
SOMETIMES feels
More like a shack
Than a vessel
And I wonder why
GOD-GOD’S SPRIT
Would want to hang out with me
Let alone-LIVE INSIDE OF ME


Nevertheless he does


“LET all the earth
Fear the Lord
Let all the people
Of the world
REVERE HIM” Psalm 33:8


Let the SPIRIT OF GOD
LIVE
NOT in this broken down body
But in GOD’S HEAVENLY VESSEL


For the spirit of God-IS LIFE


Fortunately for us
Our God IS USED to humble places
So these broken down bodies of ours
HE CAN TRANSFORM


HE is used to stables
HE is used to crosses
SO these broken down bodies of ours
ARE NOTHING NEW


And we are children
OF GOD
And he WILL NEVER EVER
FORGET US


“For in him
We live and move
And have our heavenly being
AS some of our own poets have said
‘WE ARE HIS OFFSPRING’” Acts 17:28


Dear Lord-we pray
AS YOUR CHILDREN
To transform us
From earthly vessels
To heavenly bodies
To carry THE WORD OF GOD


“And we eagerly await
A Savior
From there- The Lord Jesus Christ


Who by the power
That enables him


To bring everything
UNDER his control


WILL TRANSFORM
OUR lowly bodies
So that
They will be like
HIS GLORIOUS BODY” Philippians 3:21


Dear Lord
We pray that you
Take our earthly vessels
And make them into HEAVENLY BODIES


TO CARRY THE WORD OF GOD


Robert P. Wallman
7-30-13




Ps WITNESS 9-7-13 & 1-26-15


Inspired by an article in LIVING FAITH magazine
By Sister Kathryn James Hermes, F.S.P.




1-26-15


No comments:

Post a Comment