Saturday, December 17, 2016

BURNING WITH LOVE!

BURNING WITH LOVE! Can you REMEMBER anyone In your life-past or present- Who were BURNING AND SHINING lamps- With the LOVE of God- And love of Christ in them? I would bet that their FAITH That their commitment to God And their LOVE-were great testimony To God-in and of themselves I would bet That the way That they LIVED Were of great inspiration It is NOT enough For us to admire them- For we ALL should be living Our lives like that “John was a burning and SHINING LAMP And for awhile You were content To REJOICE in the light” John 5:35 Let us all TRY to live like John And the other SAINTS Let us all Try to be SHINING EXAMPLES Of inspiration-for everyone Let us ALL Be burning EXAMPLES OF LOVE Just like John-the Baptist And just like the other Saints “You-Lord KEEP my lamp burning MY GOD turns my darkness Into LIGHT” Psalm 18:28 Yes-for true Christians- The CALL of the Lord Is to BECOME So CONSUMED with LOVE That our life shines And points others in the DIRECTION Of Christ We are to be BURNING WITH LOVE for everyone “The path of the righteous Is LIKE the morning SUN Shining ever brighter Till the full light Of day” Proverbs 4:18 “WE also have The prophetic message As something completely RELIABLE And you will DO well To pay attention to it As to a light SHINING in a dark place Until the day dawns And the morning star RISES in your HEARTS” 1 Peter 1:19 The great psychotherapist Victor Frankl Said about his World War II experiences: “What is to give light MUST endure burning” To FOLLOW Christ Means to BURN With a TOTAL LOVE For both our God and our NEIGHBOR I PRAY That when my life Is OVER That my light-continues BURNING WITH LOVE For God and Christ and humanity And I pray That YOURS does too Dear Lord-please LIGHT THE CANDLES! I will BURN for you In love ALL the days of my life Robert P. Wallman 12-16-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Mark Neilsen

No comments:

Post a Comment