Sunday, February 17, 2013





LOVING THE AGED---Our length of life


“The length of our days is 70 years---or eighty
If we have the strength
Yet their span is but trouble and sorrow
For they quickly pass---and we fly away”                                     Psalm 90:10

We ALL want to live a long life
The psalms tell us
Our life span is 70 years
80 if we are strong

But I suggest to you
It is not the quantity of years
That is important
But the quality of our lives
While we are here

To me---quality of life means
The love that we give and receive
Both from and to God
And from and to others
Particular the older people and children

“Do not cast me away
When I am old
Do not forsake me
When my strength is gone”                                                                     Psalm 71:9

My parents taught me to
“Respect my elders”
But I dare say
That, in general
Our world leaves a lot to be desired
In that respect

“Is not wisdom found among the aged
Does not long life bring understanding”                                                   Job 12:12

And so Lord
As our lives quickly pass
And our lives fly away
We pray for a new respect for the elderly
And for the youth of our nation
And our world

“Gray hair is a crown of splendor
It is attained by a righteous life”                                                             

RESPECT THE AGED AND THE ELDERLY
They have earned it

Robert P, Wallman
5-11-11



No comments:

Post a Comment