Wednesday, February 6, 2013






WITNESS


2-7-13


NOT BY OWN POWER

At the end of a game
When a game is to be won or lost
If you are
Any kind of an athlete/player
You want the ball---you want the game
To be won or lost
By you
By what you do

We are at crunch time
At this game we call life
And I want to
Change this world

So Lord
Please give me the ball
To make the deciding shot
Or fail

And even if I fail
Even if I fall
I know you will catch me
And catch this world too

Because we know
That if our words are from God
We will never fail
Because ultimately
ALL POWER comes from you

Not us Lord
Not me Lord
Not by our own power

ALL POWER
Rests with you

You got the final shot
You got the final say
Use me---use us---as your vehicle
Use me as your tool
To get things done---your way

Not by our own power
But by the power of God

ALL POWER comes from you

Robert P. Wallman
3-6-11

Ps        WITNESS        2-7-13

“Yours-Oh Lord-is the greatness and the POWER
And the glory and the majesty and the splendor
For EVERYTHING in heaven and earth is yours
Yours-Oh Lord-is the kingdom
You are exalted as head over all”                                                    1 Chronicles 19:11

“I am NOT ashamed of the gospel
Because it is the POWER OF GOD
For the salvation of everyone who believes
First the Jew-then the Gentile”                                                             Romans 1:16


No comments:

Post a Comment