Friday, January 10, 2014

BEING BORN AGAIN













BEING BORN AGAIN




Being born again
Can mean many things
But FOR US
It means having a SPIRITUAL REBIRTH
Or conversion


It is
A recommitment to God
And it is a NECESSITY


In the third chapter
Of Saint John’s Gospel
Jesus tells Nicodemus
A member of the Jewish ruling council


“I tell you the truth
No one can see the kingdom
Of God
Unless he is born again” John 3:3


And I believe
Jesus himself was BORN AGAIN
Or at least
As a SYMBOL to us
He let John-his cousin
Baptize him again


“Jesus arrived from Galilee
And came to John
At the river of Jordan
To be baptized


As soon as
Jesus was baptized
He came up out of the water


Then heaven was opened to him
And he saw the SPIRIT OF GOD
Coming down
Like a dove
And lighting on him


Then a voice
From heaven said:


‘THIS is my own dear Son
With whom I am well pleased’” Matthew 3:13-17


Jesus-BORN of the SPIRIT
NOT the flesh
Our leader
Whom we try to follow


If Jesus can be BORN OF THE SPIRIT
Then that
Is to be our CALLING too


I was baptized
As an infant in the Catholic Church
And have recommitted to God
Over and over again


And I have committed myself
To God
In the Baptist, the Protestant, and the Willow Creek church
As well as repeating my vowels in the Catholic church


For we are to be ONE IN THE SPIRIT
NOT the flesh


The Holy Spirit
Is the third person of the TRINITY
And is KNOWN as the COUNSELOR
Who is ACTIVE
In the lives of BELIEVERS


The road to the SPIRIT
Is different for ALL OF US
But ONE thing remains the same
It is the RECOMMITTMENT
To living a life
Following God
Instead of following earthly things


“Commit your ways to the Lord
TRUST in him
And he will do this:


He will make your righteousness
SHINE like the dawn
The justice of your cause
LIKE the noonday sun” Psalm 37:5-6


My own recommitment to God
Began on my deathbed
When I was 22
And it has
Been never ending


NO DOUBT
Your path will be different


BUT LIKE CHRIST
And myself
May you be reborn
And CHASE after God will ALL your heart
ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE


Robert P. Wallman

6-26-13

ps        misc.        WITNESS        1-10-14

No comments:

Post a Comment