Thursday, January 23, 2014

PRESSURE

















PRESSURE




PRESSURE is defined as the forcing of someone to a particular end;INFLUENCE
( it can be a verb or a noun)


At any rate-we all face PRESSURE
In life
Most of it undesirable
Most of it
We are trying to RELIEVE
In some way


WE FACE health pressures
We face financial pressures
And we face relationship pressures
ALL of it trying to PUSH us
In a way
We often do not want to go


And there are many ways
To try and relieve this pressure:


Doctors and medicine
Health-diet-and exercise
Seeing a psychologist/psychiatrist
Meditation and yoga
And so on and so on and so on


BUT for me
There has been
ONLY one way
To try and relieve this pressure
And that was
THAT IS
IN FINDING GOD-in finding LOVE in my heart


FOR ALL LIVING CREATURES


It may surprise you to know
That that
Was often the case
For the early Christians


“WE do not
Want you to be uninformed
-Brothers-about the hardships
We suffered-in the province of Asia


We were under GREAT PRESSURE
Far beyond
Our ability to endure
So that we despaired
Even of life


Indeed in OUR HEARTS
We felt
The sentence of death


But this happened
So that we might NOT RELY
On ourselves-BUT ON GOD
WHO RAISES THE DEAD” 2 Corinthians 1:8-9


MY FRIENDS
This is
What happened to me
I know that
Without my TOTAL RELIANCE on God
I would have died many years ago


I KNOW
That without my total reliance
On God and you
I would have sunk
Many years ago-financially


And I know
That without my reliance on God
MANY of the relationships/friendships
That I have had
Would not have happened


“HE has delivered us
From such a deadly peril
And he will
DELIVER US


ON HIM
We have set OUR HOPE
That he will continue
To deliver us
As you help us (help me)
By your prayers” 2 Corinthians 1:10


My friends
HOWEVER you relieve your daily pressure-
your daily stress
I urge you
TO MAKE GOD AND LOVE
A central part of that


IT WORKS FOR ME


Robert P. Wallman
10-25-13




No comments:

Post a Comment