Saturday, July 26, 2014

FINDING GOD IN THE MOST UNLIKELY PLACES

















I recently spent a FEW day in the hospital-couldn't keep nothing down INCLUDING water-
I have been mostly RESTING and recuperating for the past week-HOPE to be UP and writing regularly
SOON-LOVE YOU ALL!


Bob










FINDING GOD
(in the MOST UNLIKELY of PLACES)




WHEN AND WHERE
Did you first
Begin to
REALLY find God
In your life


The TRUTH of the matter is
We only
First begin to find God
WHEN we are broken
When we don't know where
Or who
To turn to anymore


God is usually found
In MAJOR life changes


Like illness
Like finances
Like broken relationships
Or in a career change


Something significant
Has changed in our life
Something disturbing or unsettling
Comes to LIVE in our heart


We become broken


For me
The year was 1977
I had just come
Out of my third life/death surgery
Within a year


The doctors still didn't know what was wrong
With me


Yet I still
Couldn't get out of bed
I was broken
I was useless


I laid in my bed
In my room
Pouring out my heart and soul
To God


Asking him for help
Asking him-to LEAD me


“I have found David
The son of Jesse


A man
After my own heart


He will do everything
I want him too” Acts 13:22


I was a man
AFTER God's own heart
I was a man
After God's leadership


Just laying in my bed
EVERY night
PRAYING for a different direction
Any direction to go


“For where your TREASURE is
There your heart will also be” Matthew 6:21


I was TOTALLY broken
No health
No money
No relationship
No job


SICK-but no reason


I drove to
The Woods Run library
I read
EVERYTHING there was to read


As I crawled
Around the aisles
READING book after book
I became CONVINCED
I had Crohn's disease


I drove to my surgeon's office
With my findings
Waiting for him
To believe in my
SELF-called breakthrough


It didn't happen
he told me
I was crazy


I remained undeterred


“BUT if you
SHALL seek the Lord
You shall find him


IF you seek him
With ALL your heart
And with
ALL YOUR SOUL” Deuteronomy 4:29


In July of 1981
A doctor found
The inflammatory bowel disease


I can still see
His face
HE WAS STUNNED


The Doctor apologized to me
And said:


“You should be the doctor”


I can still SEE his face


ALONE in my room
Broken and bewildered
I FOUND GOD


And I know
That you can too


Robert P. Wallman
7-7-14




PS MISC. WITNESS 7-26-14




No comments:

Post a Comment