Tuesday, December 30, 2014

JOURNAL-THE LAST WORD-EVEN IN DEATH

















JOURNAL/THE LAST WORD-EVEN IN DEATH




“THE WORLD and its enticement are PASSING AWAY-but WHOEVER does the will of GOD REMAINS FOREVER” 1 John 2:17




THIS YEAR is coming to and end-WE HEARD many stories-about ALL kinds of events-and stories about all kinds of famous people-but doesn't it seem that we heard it all BEFORE


HOWEVER-the WILL OF GOD always remains fresh and new-GOD is still calling us to FILL the PURPOSE of our lives-and calling us to NEW ADVENTURES in 2015-WE NEED NOT have any regrets-for there is always NEW LIFE in the Lord-FOLLOW GOD'S WILL for your life and your FUTURE will be FOREVER BRIGHT


it is a GREAT DAT to be ALIVE in GOD'S LIFE for us-and a great day and year to BEGIN to FULFILL GOD'S WILL for our lives




















THE LAST WORD-EVEN IN DEATH




Have you ever been
In a discussion
Or an argument-IF you prefer
With someone
TRYING to get the LAST WORD


You might as well
Take your head
And bang it against the wall
It will have
THE SAME EFFECT
On that person


But one thing
We KNOW for sure
IS THAT GOD
ALWAYS has the last word
Because his WORDS are true


EVEN in life and death matters


In his 7th chapter
Saint Luke tells us the story
Of the WIDOW NAIN


Jesus-his disciples-and a LARGE CROWD
Were in a town called NAIN


As Jesus approached the town gate
A dead person
Was being carried out


THE ONLY SON
Of his mother
And she was a widow
And a large crowd
From the town Was with her


“WHEN the Lord
Saw her
HIS HEART went out to her
And he said,
'DON'T CRY' Luke 7:13


Then he went up
And touched the coffin
And said,
“YOUNG MAN-I say to you GET UP” Luke 7:14
And , of course, HE DID


DEATH was NOT
The last word
And it IS NOT
THE LAST WORD
In this world
Or the next


“THIS is what the Lord says
Israel's King and Redeemer
The, Lord Almighty,

'I am the first
And I am the LAST
Apart from me
THERE IS NO GOD'” Isaiah 44:6


“DO NOT be afraid
I am the First and the Last


I am
THE LIVING ONE
I was dead
And behold
I AM ALIVE
For ever and ever
And I HOLD the keys
Of death and Hades” Revelations 1:17-18


And WE ALL KNOW
The story of Christ
Bringing back Lazarus
(the loving brother)
Of Martha and Mary
From death


And CHRIST'S own victory
OVER death


He is-GOD IS
THE LAST WORD


Jesus said to Martha,


“I AM the RESURRECTION
And the LIFE
He who believes in me
WILL LIVE
Even though he died


And whoever LIVES
And BELIEVES in me
WILL NEVER DIE
Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26


Dear Lord
37 years ago
AFTER I was given the LAST RIGHTS
I LIVED


And like
THE WIDOW NAIN and her son
LIKE Martha, Mary, and Lazarus
AND LIKE YOU


I HUMBLY SAY
“I BELIEVE”


YOU LORD
have the LAST WORD
( even in death )




Robert P. Wallman
9-24-13




Ps I THANK YOU LORD for ALL the additional years
I have had to spend with family-friends-churches-etc.




DEAR GOD-I BELIEVE




9-16-14

12-30-14

No comments:

Post a Comment