Friday, December 19, 2014

JOURNAL/LEAN ON ME

















JOURNAL/LEAN ON ME




“ON YOU-I DEPEND from birth; from my mother's womb you ARE my strength” Psalm 71:6


I ALWAYS had the greatest relationship with my mom-even as a child;she was ALWAYS THERE for me-I can ONLY IMAGINE Jesus' relationship with HIS own mother-even STRONGER than my own


And as STRONG as our DEPENDENCE IS on our mother and father-it is even STRONGER ON GOD
-HAS your CREATOR truly been YOUR LIFE GIVING SOURCE since your mother's womb-HE HAS for me-DO YOU LEAN ON GOD for ALL of your strength-I can HONESTLY say I have and I do-THE LORD GOD is my strength


it is A GREAT DAY to be ALIVE in GOD'S LOVE-and a great day to lean on GOD-FOR ALL of our STRENGTH














LEAN ON ME




Did you ever hear
The “LEAN ON ME” song
By Bill Withers


It has great great lyrics
And I often imagine
It is God saying or singing
These words to us


“Sometimes in our lives
We ALL have pain
We ALL have sorrow
But IF we are wise
We know
That there is
ALWAYS TOMORROW”


That is God
Talking to you and to me


“MY strength and my courage
IS the Lord........” Isaiah 12:2


That is God
Telling us
To LEAN on him


We need God's DIVINE STRENGTH
That is what ALLOWS us
To face
The most challenging of situations


WE NEED God


For if
We try to do it alone
We just limp along
Without the inner strength
That comes from God


“It is the Lord
Who arms me with strength
And MAKES MY WAY perfect” 2 Samuel 22:33


We need to lean
On the one
Who PROMISES
To be there for us


And-IN FACT
ALWAYS is there for us


DIVINE STRENGTH
In the most challenging
Of situations
Is what we NEED
To get us through


“LEAN ON ME
When you're not strong
And I'll be your FRIEND


For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need someone
TO LEAN ON”


We all need God
AND EACH OTHER
To make it through


“TRUST in the Lord
With all your heart
And lean not
On your own understanding” Proverbs 3:5


So when you are down
And in trouble
And need the strength
To carry on


The Lord says:


LEAN ON ME


Robert P. Wallman
May 31st, 2014
PS INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH magazine by Sister Joyce Rupp, O.S.M

12-19-14.

No comments:

Post a Comment