Thursday, April 19, 2012





THE BREAD OF LIFE        ( is Eternal Life )


“I am the Bread of Life
He who comes to me
Will never go hungry
And he who believes in me
Will never go thirsty”                                           John 6:35

If you saw a fountain
And someone told you
That if you drank
From that fountain
You would have
The gift of eternal life

I wonder
How many of us
Would rush to that fountain to drink

I know that I would

Jesus tells us,
“For my Father’s will
Is that everyone
Who looks to the Son
And believes in him
Shall have eternal life
And I will raise him up
On the last day”

How many of us
Want ETERNAL life
I would dare say
Almost all of us

How many of us
Really believe that Jesus is THE CHRIST
The ONE AND ONLY SON OF GOD

I would dare say
NOT many of us
For if we really and truly believed in him
A GOD OF LIFE,
A GOD OF LOVE,
AND A GOD OF TRUTH

Would we have a world
Filled with war, murder, rape, child-abuse,
And only the Lord knows what else

Eternal life is simply
A life everlasting with God
It is the choice of God and love
Over hatred and sin

Jesus took the bread
Gave it to his disciples and said,
“This is my body”
He then took the cup
Gave it to his disciples and said,
“This is my blood
The blood of the new and everlasting covenant
Which is poured out for many”

Eternal life means simply
A life everlasting with God

Take on
The Body of Christ
Take on
The Blood of Christ

Choose God and love
Over the sins of this world

What would we do
Where would we go
Without God and Jesus in our lives

Simon Peter knew the answer,

“Lord to whom shall we go
You have the words of eternal life
We believe and know
That you are the Holy One of God”                                          John 6:68

Jesus said,

“I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE”

I believe him---do you?

Robert P. Wallman
5-14-11

No comments:

Post a Comment