Friday, November 22, 2013

HONESTY AND TRUTH

HONESTY AND TRUTH


Did you know
That one of the two things
That it is IMPOSSIBLE for GOD to do
Is to lie

I wish
I could say that that was true
For some of the human beings
That I have known
In my life

“Men swear
By someone greater than themselves
And the OATH CONFIRMS
What is said
And puts an end
To all argument

Because God wanted to make
The UNCHANGING NATURE of his purpose very clear
To the heirs of which was promised
He confirmed it with an oath

God did this so that
By TWO unchangeable things              
In which it is IMPOSSIBE
FOR GOD TO LIE

We who have fled
To take HOLD
Of the HOPE
Offered to us
MAY be greatly encouraged”                                                      Hebrews 6:16-18

SO GOD CAN’T LIE
So if someone is lying
To you
You KNOW
It is NOT coming from God

“I PROMISE to tell the truth
The whole truth
And nothing but the truth”

Our courtroom oath

And what about our marriage vows

“I, (John/Jane), take you, (John/Jane), to be my (husband/wife), to have
And to hold, from this day on, for better or worse, for richer-for poorer,
In sickness and in health,
TO LOVE AND TO CHERISH
UNTIL death do us part”

I KNOW people
Lie on the witness stand
And our divorce rates
CONTINUE to hover around 50%
I have to wonder
IF anyone
Takes anything they say seriously

I KNOW
GOD DESIRES honesty and truth
After all
Our God cannot
And would not lie

GOD DESIRES HONESTY

Psalm 105 tells us:

“He whose walk is blameless
And does what is righteous
Who speaks the truth from his heart
Has no slander on his tongue
And does his neighbor NO WRONG
And casts no slur
On his fellowman”                                                          Psalm 15:2-3

And Proverbs 12 says:

“A truthful witness
GIVES honesty testimony
But a false witness tells lies”                                           Proverbs 12:17

“TRUTHFUL LIPS last forever
But a lying tongue
LASTS only a moment”                                                     Proverbs 12:19

I know the words
I spoke on my deathbed
When I was 22-was a vow to God
And I know
While I can never live up to them
At least-I can always try

“FINALLY brothers
Whatever is true
Whatever is noble
Whatever is right
Whatever is pure
Whatever is lovely
Whatever is admirable

IF anything is excellent
Or praiseworthy
THINK about such things

Whatever
You have learned
Or received or heard from me
Or seen in me

PUT INTO PRACTICE
And the God of peace
Will be with you”                                                                  Philippians 4:8-9

May ALL your words
BE TRUE

Robert P. Wallman

7-22-13

No comments:

Post a Comment