Wednesday, November 6, 2013

WEAKNESSES

WEAKNESSES


We ALL have weaknesses
SOME of us
More so than others
And while we may not like
To admit it-EVEN to ourselves
WE do have them
ALL OF US

The great Saint Paul
One of the early leaders
Of the Christian movement
Even had weaknesses

He once wrote:

“Three times
I pleaded with the Lord
To take it away from me
But he said to me
‘MY GRACE is sufficient for you
FOR MY POWER
Is made perfect in weakness’”                                                2 Corinthians 12:8-9

I CAN empathize with Paul
BECAUSE I now live
A life TOTALLY DEPENDENT
ON GOD

Thank God for the spirit
THE ONE TRUE LIVING SPIRIT
Or I would have given up
Long ago

“In the same way
THE SPIRIT HELPS us
In our weakness
We do not know
What we ought to pray for
But the SPIRIT himself
Intercedes for us
With groans
That words cannot express”                                                  Romans 6:26

GROANS-I made a lot of them
In the early stages of my illness
I wasn’t prepared
To ACCEPT my lot in life

“Watch and pray
SO that you will not fall into temptation
The SPIRIT is willing
But the flesh is WEAK”                                                                  Matthew 26:41

And that’s what my body was
WEAK
And though I didn’t know it
That’s what my mind was too
WEAK

I continued to SEARCH
For scientific answers
That just weren’t there
Surgeries, medications, any kind of remedy
That offered HOPE

NOTHING HELPED
BUT MY FAITH IN GOD
And I had to LEARN to live
A life TOTALLY dependent on God
And the miracles
OFFERED to me
Through others-BY GOD

And I learned
FAITH, HOPE, and LOVE from GOD
And from family and friends

“For the foolishness of God
IS WISER than man’s wisdom
And the weakness of God
IS STRONGER than man’s strength”                                                1 Corinthians 1:25

So I am weak by man’s standards
But I have FOUND my strength
IN GOD AND FAITH

MY GOD IS STRONGER
My God is my ROCK-MY REFUGE
IN times of trouble

And if he can be that
For me
He can be that FOR YOU

Like Saint Paul
I feel GOD’S GRACE is sufficient
And that GOD’S POWER
IS MADE PERFECT IN OUR WEAKNESS

Robert P. Wallman
7-19-13





















No comments:

Post a Comment