Sunday, September 7, 2014

JOURNAL/DELIVERANCE

















JOURNAL/DELIVERANCE




“WHERE two or three are gathered together in my NAME-there I am in the MIDST of them”
Matthew 18:20


EVERY Wednesday night-Darryl-Paul and I gather together for bible study-TO PRAISE GOD-to PRAY for others-and to just CONTEMPLATE the WORD of God together


I actually feel THE PRESENCE of God in our midst-and in our UNITY with ONE ANOTHER and with God


DEAR LORD-I thank you for these two friends-MY face book and e-mail FRIENDS-for we ALL ACKNOWLEDGE your LOVE for us-and IN FAITH in you and IN FAITH with ONE ANOTHER-we offer our PRAYERS for UNITY-PEACE-AND LOVE in this world


DEAR LORD-it is a GREAT DAY to be ALIVE in your continuous-everlasting LOVE FOR US




PS I PRAY for PEACE among ALL GOD'S PEOPLE and ALL PEOPLE EVERYWHERE
























DELIVERANCE




THIS WORLD
Is a tough world
We face many challenges
We face
Many trials and tribulations


Who can DELIVER me
In this tough-mean
Sometimes cruel world


YOU-Oh Lord-
Are my ROCK AND REFUGE
In times of trouble


“DELIVERANCE”
Was a 1972 movie
That included a top-notch cast:
Burt Reynolds-John Voigt-and Ned Beatty
To name a few


It was
About a group of men
Trying to negotiate
A river with rapids
And many unforseen problems
From BOTH people and nature


WHO can we turn to
In times of trouble


“And God sent me
Before you
To preserve you a posterity
In the earth


And to SAVE your lives
By a GREAT DELIVERANCE” Genesis 45:7


And in the movie
The central characters survive
DESPITE losses
Along the way


We too-IN LIFE
Can survive
IF
We put our faith
In the right place-GOD


“HE shall DELIVER thee
In six troubles-in seven
There shall be NO EVIL
Touch thee” Job 5:19


The point is:
God can DELIVER you
No matter
What you are up against


FAITH in God
MAKES all the difference
In this world


And if you think
There is no evil
In this world


You haven't seen
Some of the things
That I have seen


OR some of the evil
That men and women
Can do-and do do


WHO CAN DELIVER
In times of trouble
In times of evil


GOD CAN
(you cannot do it alone)


“I sought the Lord
And he answered me
He DELIVERED me
From all my fears” Psalm 34:4


“THE LORD is my rock
My fortress
And my DELIVERER
My God is my ROCK
In whom I take REFUGE


He is my shield
And the HORN of my salvation
MY STRONGHOLD” Psalm 18:2


OUR DELIVERANCE
Comes from GOD ALONE


Robert P. Wallman

11-19-13

No comments:

Post a Comment