Tuesday, September 2, 2014

WRITING OUR OWN LIFE STORY

















WRITING OUR OWN LIFE STORY




TODAY is the FIRST day
Of the rest
Of your life


It's cliche'
But it is TRUE


We are writing
A book
About our own life


WHO AND WHAT
We put into it
and the QUALITIES
We live our lives with
IS UP to us


YOUR LIFE
Is your story
What are you
Going to make of it


In most cases-not all-
WE CHOOSE
What we live


“The disciples
APPROACHED him and said,


'WHY do you speak to them
In parables?'”


EVERY LIFE
Tells a story


Jesus speaks in parables-
STORIES that represent
DEEPER meanings and mysteries
Of life


SO As the WORD of God
PAINTS an overall story
Of creation


From Genesis to Revelation


Jesus' teachings
Are stories within the stories


SOME of our stories
Have GOD in them
Some of our stories do not


BUT the best life stories
ARE THOSE
Told in Collaboration with God


The REAL beginning
Of my own story
BEGINS on my 22nd birthday


In a hospital emergency
And emergency operation


My blood count
Going down to three
And a promise-AN OATH-
Made to God


Since that time
God has been
THE MAJOR STAR of my life


My health
A great co-star


As well as myself
TRYING TO LIVE
With the qualities
Of love-honesty-integrity-and sincerity


And HAVING GREAT CO-stars
IN my immediate family,
My extended family,
My friends-and my churches


There are MANY pages left
To be written-HOPEFULLY (if it be God's will)


And hopefully
It will continue
To be a story
OF FAITH-HOPE-and OF LOVE


WHAT do you want
Your life story to say?


WHO AND WHAT
Do you want
To be in
YOUR life story?


HOW do you want
Your next chapter to read?


I hope you write GOD
And FAITH AND LOVE into it


LIVE YOUR PASSION
AND write a GREAT life story


Robert P. Wallman
8-25-14




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Kristin Armstrong






No comments:

Post a Comment