Wednesday, November 5, 2014

JOURNAL/BITE YOUR TONGUE AND COUNT TO TEN

















JOURNAL/BITE YOUR TONGUE AND COUNT TO TEN




“Do everything WITHOUT grumbling or questioning........” Philippians 2:14




Have you EVER told your child to do something-THEY do it-but they grumble and complain the WHOLE TIME-something tells me that that is the way we are with GOD sometimes-WE are OBEDIENT-but NOT very happy about it


WE are LIKE a little child


Ans then there are those times in life that we LOSE our temper with others-NOT very loving to our neighbor is it-BREAKING the whole foundation of the second commandment-maybe NOT like the PRODIGAL SON in Luke's 15th chapter-but more like the older brother than we care to admit-SOME-HOW I think in our Lord's mind just as guilty as the PRODIGAL


MAYBE we all need to MATURE and grow up a little bit


IT is a GREAT DAY to BE ALIVE in GOD'S LOVE for us and a great day to HOLD our tongue and just be OBEDIENT to GOD'S WORD


















BITE YOUR TONGUE
AND COUNT TO TEN




Have you ever
Lost your temper


Have you
Ever seen red
And said something hurtful-
Very nasty to someone


Or worse yet
Did something physical
To someone
In a weak moment


I have lost my temper
A few times in my life-
NEVER-in a physical confrontation
BUT a few times
I have said something hurtful
To someone


And though I felt
Justified at the time
Later on-
I was sorry
I had lost control


THANK GOD-our God
Is NOT like that
With us


“You-Oh Lord
Are merciful and gracious
SLOW to anger
Abiding in KINDNESS
And fidelity” Psalm 86:15


It has been
A long time
Since I really
LOST IT on someone


I TRY to
BITE my tongue
and count to ten


I really try to
ABOUND in kindness
To others now
No matter
HOW I am received by them


That is what the Lord does
And I am SURE
That is how
He wants us to
Act toward others


Our anger
Should always be tempered
WITH MERCY


“The Lord is
COMPASSIONATE and gracious
Slow to anger
Abounding IN LOVE” Psalm 103:8


And that is the way
We are SUPPOSED to be


Anger produces
A sudden rush of adrenaline
That flows
Into our system
Urging us to
REACT immediately


We must be as SLOW
In response
As our Lord is
And we must
TEMPER it with LOVE


So since
God is slow to anger
With us


And abounds
In mercy and kindness
Towards each of us


We should be
Willing to EXTEND
That same MERCIFUL quality
Toward others


So Dear Lord
WE PRAY
As we face irritations
In our day


HELP us not
To say all
That comes to mind


Help us
TO BITE our tongue
And COUNT TO TEN
Before we react


And TEACH us
To react
With patience and mercy and love
TODAY


Help us to be
“SLOW to anger
And ABOUNDING in mercy and love”


Robert P. Wallman
July 29th, 2014


Ps INSPIRED by an article in Living Faith Magazine by Father James McKarns


No comments:

Post a Comment