Sunday, August 9, 2015

FOOD FOR THOUGHT?

FOOD FOR THOUGHT? We need food To survive-REAL physical food On a normal day Most people eat Three meals a day But for me I have to tell you Sometimes I eat 4 or five times A day MAYBE that says More about me Than I should reveal “Get up and eat Else the journey Will be too long For you!” 1 KINGS 19:7 We need SPIRITUAL food For the journey too Or else the journey Will be too long And too painful And arduous After I get My coffee and juice And breakfast I sit down EVERY MORNING And PRAY for at least An hour INCLUDING a CATHOLIC ROSARY Which is a great contemplative prayer “'HE put a new song In my mouth A hymn of praise To our God'” Psalm 40:3 “Jesus answered, 'Man shall NOT live On bread alone But on every word That comes From the mouth of God'” Matthew 4:4 Food for thought For SPIRITUAL THOUGHT There are A lot of people In this world Who daily Do not have Enough food to eat We should TRY to feed them WHERE AND WHEN we can But we should Try and feed them SPIRITUALLY TOO Jesus said to Peter, “FEED my lambs” John 21:15 And, “FEED MY SHEEP” John 21:17 And we KNOW That Jesus did feed the hungry He fed the 5,000 And the 4,000 And we are too To FOLLOW in his footsteps Feed the hungry physically And feed the hungry SPIRITUALLY But we must ALWAYS REMEMBER Just as the body Needs nourishment SO DOES OUR SPIRIT But God KNOWS this And is COMPELLED To feed us SPIRITUALLY too We meet Jesus In the WORD We meet him in PRAYER We meet him in SCRIPTURE And we meet him IN THE EUCHARIST “'Take and eat THIS is my body' Then he took a cup 'Drink form it ALL of you'” Matthew 26:26-27 He is THE LIVING BREAD That nourishes us now And for all eternity FOOD FOR THOUGHT? Robert P. Wallman 8-8-15 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Msgr. Stephen J. Rossetti

No comments:

Post a Comment