Tuesday, April 19, 2016

GETTING OUT OF THE WAY OF GOD=AND OURSELVES

GETTING OUT OF THE WAY OF GOD=AND OF OURSELVES We are DESTINED for greatness EVERY one of us are If for no other reason Than we are A CHILD OF GOD An adopted brother and sister Of our Jesus And adopted son and daughter of God And brothers and sisters Of each other “If then God gave them The same gift He gave to us WHEN we came To BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus Christ Who was I To be able To hinder God” Acts 11:17 I do a great job Of hindering God in my life And I get in my own way A lot I’ll bet you do too SOMETIMES we insist On pursuing God in our own lives In our own way Instead of Just getting OUT of the way God has GREAT PLANS For our lives- You and me individually And ALL of us collectively Sometimes We just need to Get out of the way And let GOD’S PLANS reign In our lives “MAY he give you The desires of your heart And make all your plans succeed” Psalm 20:4 “For I know The plans I have for you,’ Says the Lord ‘Plans to PROSPER you And NOT harm you Plans to give you HOPE And a future’” Jeremiah 29:11 GOD KNOWS what is BEST for us Why should we obstruct Or hinder God’s will for us But we just can’t resist the urge To try and control Our own lives We just don’t have The courage to say like Jesus In the Garden of Gethsemane, “Yet not as I will- But as you will” Matthew 26:39 “Do not conform To the pattern of this world Bur be transformed By the RENEWING of your mind Then you will be ABLE To test and approve What God’s will is- HIS good-pleasing-and PERFECT WILL” Romans 12-2-3 Dear Lord-we PRAY Help us-to get out Of our own way And help us To SURRENDER our own will To yours So that WE can truly appreciate Your gifts to us We-us-your ADOPTED Sons and daughters in the is world In Jesus’s name Robert P. Wallman 4-18-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Terence Hegarty

No comments:

Post a Comment