Thursday, April 28, 2016

I AM THE VINE=YOU ARE THE BRANCHES

THE VINE= AND THE BRANCHES ALL love-all kindness-and forgiveness=plus All of grace-peace-and everything else Comes from God In other words God is the SOURCE Of all GOOD things “I am the vine You ARE the branches Whoever remains in me And I in him Will bear much fruit Because without me You can do nothing” John 15:5 I have great RESPECT and ADMIRATION For those who take VOWS And LIVE the religious life They are an EXTENSION OF GOD- The priests-the nuns- And the pastors I too Have made a VOW to God “To live for my family-and my friends- And for ALL PEOPLE everywhere In this world” Cemented in my words Cemented in my final confession And cemented by my own blood- As my blood count went down to three Before 13 blood transfusions As I bled internally MY VOW to God My commitment to God My testimony to God-and FOR GOD For the WHOLE WORLD To know “I will FULFILL my vows To the Lord In the PRESENCE Of all his people” Psalm 116:14 “It is a trap To dedicate something rashly And only later To consider one's vows” Proverbs 20:25 If you PROMISE something to God- If you say it-do it-KEEP IT As having made a VOW myself- I have great EMPATHY For those LIVING a life in God VOWED RELIGIOS LIFE-I believe- Is a sign of GOD'S grace and mercy So in this-THE YEAR OF MERCY We should be particularly merciful To everyone MERCY is the BRIDGE That CONNECTS God and man Never forget God brings the mercy And we RECEIVE it God is the vine And we are the branches “I am the true vine And my Father Is the gardener He cuts off every branch In me-that bears no fruit While every branch That does BEAR FRUIT He prunes So that it will be even More fruitful” John 15:2 MY VOW to God Is what MAKES my life PURPOSEFUL He is the vine And I am-as we all are THE BRANCHES I pray/we pray That the fruit we bear BRINGS humility and love To the world Dear Lord-without you-we are nothing Robert P. Wallman 4-28-16 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Amy Welborn

No comments:

Post a Comment