Sunday, September 23, 2012







SEPTEMBER 24th, 2012


LINGERING SINS-GOSSIP


There once was a woman
With a physical handicap
She is still the same now
As she was twelve years ago

What about our sins
Are our sins
The same today
As they were 12 years ago

No one
Stays the same
Are we improving
Or are we regressing

Once
There was a woman
Who gossiped

When she went to confession
The Catholic priest
Told her to go to the market place
And buy a chicken
What an easy penance
She thought

Then the Catholic priest
Told her 
To pluck the chicken
And spread the feathers everywhere

Strange-she thought
But she did this too

Then the priest told her
To go and gather the feathers
And put them
Back on the chicken

“I can’t do that Father,” she said
“The feathers are everywhere”

“Exactly,” the priest said
“This is what happens
When you talk about someone”

What about my lingering sins
What about
Your lingering sins

Where are we
In relationship
To where we were
Twelve years ago

ARE WE IMPROVING

Robert P. Wallman
5-10-10

Ps       *Based on the teaching of Father Leo Clifford

“A GOSSIP betrays a confidence
But a trustworthy man keeps a secret”                                                   Proverbs 11:13

“For I am afraid that when I come
I may not find you as I want you
And you may not find me as you
Want me to be

I fear that there may be quarreling,
Jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions,
Slander, GOSSIP, arrogance, and disorder”                                          2 Corinthians 12:20

“A perverse man stirs up dissension
And a GOSSIP separates close friends”                                         Proverbs 16:28


No comments:

Post a Comment