Sunday, September 30, 2012







TESTIFYING WITH OUR BROKENNESS


Did you ever
Stop and think
That the biggest weakness
That we have
Is the BEST WAY
To give testimony to God

Saint Paul said,

“Three times I pleaded
With the Lord
To take it away from me  ( his affliction  )

But he said to me
“My grace is sufficient for you
For my power
Is made perfect in weakness”

“Therefore I will boast
All the more gladly
About my weaknesses
So that Christ’s power
Will rest in me”                                                                   2 Corinthians 12:8-9

Where is your weakness
Where is your brokenness
Can you say to the Lord

“I will bring the gifts
Of my brokenness to you

Dear God
Can you-will you
Use my brokenness to help others”

Our wounds and flaws
Are our gifts to others
IMAGINE THAT

The night before he died
Jesus himself prayed

“My Father
If it is possible
May this cup
Be taken from me

Yet NOT as I will
But as you will”                                                                            Matthew 26:39

Witnessing through his brokenness
And now recognized
As a source of HOPE to millions and millions

Where does your brokenness lie
Where is your source of hope
How can you be
A SOURCE of hope to others

All you have to do is pray,
“Dear Lord-use me”
And I guarantee you that he will

I myself
Have been broken physically
Since I am 22

I myself
Am broken financially
And often find
Too much month
At the end of the money

And as a young man
ALL I ever wanted
Was to have my own wife and children
But sadly-that did not happen

But I have a RELATIONSHIP with God
Many friends-BOTH women and men
And I am thankful
For ALL of you

What if
Through our very limitations
And struggles
COUPLED with our efforts to follow Jesus
We can offer hope to others

So I invite you
Wherever your brokenness may lie
To say this prayer with me

LOVING GOD
May this brokenness that we feel
Help us
To give compassion to others
And inspire HOPE for them
IN THEIR LIVES

In Jesus’ name-amen

Robert P. Wallman
9-21-12



No comments:

Post a Comment