Sunday, April 6, 2014

poem-THE GREENING OF OUR LIVES

















THE GREENING OF OUR LIVES




Did you know
That the color of green
Meant HOPE


I heard that said
By a Catholic priest
At Mass
Many years ago


In fact
Many of you
Who KNOW me well
Know that is WHY
-I SO OFTEN-
Write in the color green


For I believe
That a CHRISTIAN'S main job
Is to bring another
THE HOPE OF CHRIST


And as Christians
That job falls to you and me


Isiah once wrote:


“So is my word
That goes from my mouth


It will not return to me empty
But shall do my will
Achieving the end
For which it was sent” Isaiah 55:11


The very word “LENT”
Is derived from a word
That meant “spring time”


And in the parts
Of the world
That have four seasons


SPRING is the reminder
Of NEW LIFE
TRIUMPHING over the darkness
Of the cold dark winter


And that is
WHAT GOD'S WORD DOES
Brings new life
NEW HOPE
Over the darkness
Of death and sin


For God's words
ARE HOPE
God's words
ARE LOVE
God's words
Are light
And God's words
ARE NEW LIFE


And God's words
Are the cycle of life
CONTINUALLY moving forward


Isaiah's words
Tells us that God's word
Is ALWAYS GREENING
With the power
To create anew


So that means
That God's words
Are always bringing
New hope
New life
And new love within us


“And HOPE
Does not disappoint us
BECAUSE
God has POURED out HIS LOVE
Into our hearts
By the Holy Spirit
Whom God has given us” Romans 5:5


And so
As we move foreword
THIS LENT
We know
We will NEVER be disappointed
If we are in HOPE
And in GOD'S WORD


And we know
Our own lives
Will be RESURRECTED
Just as Christ himself was RESURRECTED
At Easter


And then
We will experience
New hope
New life
NEW love


In the HOPE-and
IN THE GREENING OF OUR LIVES


Robert P. Wallman
March 12th, 2014




Ps Inspired by an article in Living Faith Magazine
By Chris Koellhoffer, I.H.M.





Misc. WITNESS 4-6-14

No comments:

Post a Comment