Friday, January 27, 2017

TELL ME A STORY



















TELL ME A STORY


My dad WAS a great
Story teller
When I was a young boy
I USED to crawl up on his lap
And say-”tell me a story”


And of course-he would


We ALL know=Jesus' story=
IS the greatest story
EVER told


And beyond that=HE would tell
The greatest stories too


They were the greatest-
WISDOM-filled messages that
The world has ever known


And they were known as PARABLES


“With MANY such parables
He spoke the word to them


As they were able
To UNDERSTAND it” Mark 4:33


Jesus spoke of people-events-and
Things of the earth
To TEACH about divine truths


And everyone didn't grasp
The meanings of
These stories-these parables


ONLY his apostles-his disciples-
And the people of God-
EVEN TODAY


“I WILL open my mouth
With a parable


I will utter hidden truths
Things from of old--------” Psalm 78:2


“Jesus SPOKE
All these things
To the crowd
In parables


He did not say anything
To them
WITHOUT using a parable


So was FULFILLED
What was spoken
Through the prophet


'I will open my mouth
In parables


I will utter things hidden
SINCE the creation of the world'” Matthew 13:34-35


And Jesus TELLS US
The meaning of the WORD-parable
In Luke-chapter 8
In the parable of the SOWER


“.................
But the SEED of the good soil
Stands for those
With a noble and GOOD HEART


Who hear the word -
Retain it-
And by PERSEVERANCE
Produce a crop” Luke 18:15


I get it Lord
I get the WORD of God
And-I HOPE you all get it too


Tell us some stories Lord
TELL US some stories Jesus


And he did too
He told us-
The Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-30)
-A story of about 450 words
With the message=
USE IT OR LOSE IT=
Use it for the kingdom of God


We FIND so much wisdom
In these parables


WISDOM to apply to our
Daily LIVES


We LEARN about the good trees
And good fruits-and good people-
We learn about the GOOD SAMARITAN
And that anyone can do
The WILL OF GOD


And in Luke 15=we learn about
One lost coin-one lost sheep-and one lost
Son SEARCHING for his loving FATHER
Who is just WAITING FOR HIM
To come home


And we have the stories of the apostles=
The disciples=and the saints=
PLUS our own life stories


Dear Lord-thank you for the stories-
Thank you for your wisdom and parables


PLEASE give us some MORE STORIES-
It's story time Lord


“TELL US A STORY”


Robert P. Wallman
1-26-17




Ps INSPIRED by a story in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Father James McKarns


No comments:

Post a Comment