Monday, February 13, 2017

ABSOLUTELY SURE-ABSOLUTELY SAFE



















ABSOLUTELY SURE-ABSOLUTELY SAFE


I don't know about you
But I want to be-
ABSOLUTELY SURE-about
Everything I am doing in life
And absolutely safe too


That is TRUE of my FAITH
In God too
I'm always ASKING God for signs
IF I am moving in
The right direction
Or not-


Or for a SPECIFIC SIGN
As to which way
Or choice I am
To make


HOW about you?
Are you like that?


If you are-it may come
As NO SURPRISE to you-that
The people of yesteryear
WERE that way too


And it absolutely EXASPERATED Jesus


“He sighed from the depth
Of his spirit-
And said,


'WHY does this generation
Seek a sign?'” Mark 8:12


And I am SURE
I have absolutely
Exhausted and exasperated Jesus
With MY DESIRE for a sign


On my choices-
For my own path in life


And I BELELIEVE it is a sign
Of a week faith
That I want Jesus to CLOSE
ALL the doors but one


And then CLEARLY SHINE his light
On each step I should take


I want confirmation
After confirmation-
I want to be-
ABSOLUTELY SURE-ABSOLUTELY SAFE


“The Lord
SWORE an oath
To David


A SURE oath
He will not revoke


ONE of your descendants
I will place
On your throne” Psalm 132:11


“BE SURE-
You know the condition
Of your flocks


Give careful attention
To your herds” Proverbs 27:23


“For of this
You can be SURE:


NO immoral-impure-or greedy person-
Such a person
Is an IDOLATER-


Has any inheritance
In the kingdom of Christ
And of God” Ephesians 5:5


I'm the type of person
That wants to BE ABSOLUTELY SURE
Of everything


BEFORE I take
The next step


You might say
I hate uncertainty
I DISLIKE the unknown


But GOD sure fixed me


Jesus GAVE me a life
Of FAITH-a life WHERE
I HAVE to keep stepping out in FAITH


Because of my health situation-
EVERYTHING IS dependent on him


But the TRUTH IS=
That is TRUE of all of us


SOMETIMES-we just CAN'T BE
Absolutely sure-absolutely safe


We MUST take a STEP
Out into the unknown
And take a RISK


TRUSTING that Jesus
Will MEET US-
Along the way
And move us in the right direction


He has-Jesus-has-
NEVER FAILED ME YET


The truth is
We don't need signs


We just NEED
To KEEP TRUSTING the source
Of our LOVE-
God and Jesus


Robert P. Wallman
2-13-17




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Kristin Armstrong










No comments:

Post a Comment