Thursday, February 23, 2017

CONVERSATION WITH THE LORD: RELYING ON HIM



















CONVERSATION WITH THE LORD:
RELYING ON HIM


Are you in CONVERSATION
With the Lord?
I would like to think
That I am


I OPEN my heart and my mind and soul
To God-and talk back and forth
ALL DAY


“Let your conversation-
BE always FULL OF GRACE-


So that you may know-HOW-
To answer everyone” Colossians 4:6


Do you?
Are you in conversation
With the Lord?


“BLESSED the man who........
DELIGHTS in the law
Of the Lord........” Psalm 1:1-2


I am in conversation
Wit God all day long
I would LIKE to think
Of my life
As ONE big long PRAYER


I RELY on God for everything
How about you?
Are you
In conversation with God?
Do you rely on him?
Do you LISTEN to him
For guidance?


In today's readings-we are
CHALLENGED by the WORD OF GOD


“Rely not on your wealth
….....
Rely NOT on your strength” Sirach 5:1-2


“My God on whom
I CAN rely


God will go before me
And will let me gloat
Over those who slander me” Psalm 59:10


OUR GOD is in control
There is NO such thing
As a self-made man or woman


We are all DEPENDENT on God-
On fate-and on ONE ANOTHER
In this world


For health=for work and finance=
For relationships=
OUR FATE is in
The HANDS on the Lord-in the
Hands of TIME


“Clearly no one
Who relies on the law
Is justified by God


Because-'the righteous
WILL LIVE BY FAITH'” Galatians 3:11


“And so we know
And RELY
ON the LOVE God has
For us” 1 John 4:16


It is the LOVE OF GOD
Who SUSTAINS us-he is-his love is-
The ONLY thing that NEVER FAILS us
In this world


CONVERSATIONS with the Lord
Believe in him-trust in him
Rely on his words


The Scriptures urge us-
Jesus urges us-to TALK
With God


The Book of Sirach says:
“DELAY not your conversation
To the Lord” Sirach 5:8


YES-our conversation
With the Lord
MUST be ongoing


It must be there
EVERY day


And God's MERCY & LOVE
Are there every minute
Of the day-for us


It is the ONLY TRUTH-God's words-
That always works


Listen to God in CONVERSATIONS-
RELY on him and you
Will be SUSTAINED FOREVER


In Jesus' name,


Robert P. Wallman
2-22-17




INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Fr. Martin Pable, O.F.M. Cap.








No comments:

Post a Comment