Friday, February 24, 2017

YOUR WORDS HAVE POWER: ENCOURAGE OR DISCOURAGE



















YOUR WORDS HAVE POWER:
ENCOURAGE OR DISCOURAGE


Do you KNOW
That your words
Have much power?


Do you know
That your words
Have the POWER
To encourage or discourage someone?


MUCH good or much harm
Can come from your mouth


“A KIND mouth multiplies friends
….....
And gracious lips PROMPT
Friendly greetings” Sirach 6:5


I will NEVER forget
The people that ENCOURAGED me
In my life


The people that said things like:
“You are STRONGER than you know
-You CAN do it”


And by the same token
The people that TRIED to
DEMORALIZE me and rip me apart
Saying things like:
“You will NEVER accomplish this”


Your words have POWER=and fortunately
For me=
I had family and friends
That ALWAYS encouraged-
Always built me up


And for that-I have overcome
MANY setbacks in life


“GRACIOUS words are a honeycomb
SWEET to the soul
And HEALING to the bones” Proverbs 16:24


“TRULY I tell you
This generation
Will certainly not pass away


Until ALL these things
Have happened


Heaven and earth
WILL pass away
But my WORDS
Will never pass away” Matthew 24:34-35


ISN'T that the truth?
GOD'S WORDS always stay
With us=but those are
Words of ENCOURAGEMENT


But so do the words
Of our family-friends-
And our enemies


They can build us up or tear
Us down-and STAY with us
A LONG long time
WORDS ARE POWER


And either way
They can MOTIVATE us


“This is
WHAT we speak


NOT in words
Taught us by human wisdom
But in words
Taught by the SPIRIT


EXPLAINING spiritual realities
By Spirit-taught words” 1 Corinthians 2:13


Yes-when we are CHRISTIANS
When we are from God


We speak in words that
EXPRESS: “faithfulness-gentleness-goodness-
Joy-kindness-love-peace-patience-and self-control”


WHEN we speak in words-
That express these-
How can we not ENCOURAGE
ONE ANOTHER


BUT some speak in words
That convey gossip-name-calling-
Sarcasm-backbiting-etc.,


Sirach says:
“A FAITHFUL FRIEND
Is a strong shelter” Sirach 6:14


Your WORDS HAVE POWER-
BUILD each other up


I try to GIVE LOVE-give encouragement-
To family-friends-even strangers


IF you do-people will REMEMBER YOU-
In the LORD'S GOOD NAME


Robert P. Wallman
2-23-17




Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sr. Joyce Rupp, O.S.M.




No comments:

Post a Comment