Tuesday, February 7, 2017

FEELING LOVED & FULL OF GRACE



















FEELING LOVED & FULL OF GRACE


Today is/was the 62nd anniversary
Of my BAPTISM as an infant
At Saint Andrew's Catholic Church
On the north side of Pittsburgh


I AM so thankful to
Be BORN-in this country-
To this family


To these parents-I am just
SO THANKFUL!


And I FEEL loved and
FULL of grace by the God of love
And my Lord and Savior Jesus


I think of Jesus-the FATHER-
And ALL the ANGELS in heaven
And I long to be with them


Yet I know
It is not my time


“WHEN I behold your heavens
The work of your fingers-


The moon and the stars
WHICH you set in place-
WHAT IS MAN?........” Psalm 8:4-5


Yes-who am I? WHO are we?


To be LIVING
In this beautiful UNIVERSE of God


Nothing confirms
Our human limitations any more
Than when we
LOOK to the stars-
And look to the heavens


It CONFIRMS our smallness-
How little we are


“The heavens declare
The GLORY of God


The skies proclaim
The work of his hands” Psalm 19:1


“Lift up your eyes
And look to the heavens


Who CREATED all these?


He who brings out
The starry host
One-by-one


And calls forth
EACH of them by name


Because of his great power
And mighty strength
NOT one of them is missing” Isaiah 40:26


Feeling SMALL in this
Great big-vast large world of God


Yet feeling LOVED-and FULL
Of the GRACE OF GOD


Who are we asks the psalmist?


I just can't help
But feel
He felt LOVED and
The grace of God too


Yet who indeed are we?


“It was not by the sword
That they won the land


NOR did their arm bring
The victory


It was YOUR right hand-
Your arm
And the LIGHT of your face


FOR YOU LOVED THEM” Psalm 44:3


Yes Lord-on this ANNIVERSARY-
Of my baptism-
I feel small


Yet IMPORTANT
In the KINGDOM of God
As we ALL are


FEELING LOVED-and FULL OF GOD'S GRACE
In the Lord's kingdom


To TAKE FORTH with me
The WISDOM of GOD'S WORDS


In Jesus' name,


Robert P. Wallman
February 6th, 2017





Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINR by Sr. Chris Koellhoffer, I.H.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment