Friday, March 16, 2012








MARCH 17th, 2012




GRANDFATHER MURPHY




I remember, well, my grandfather Murphy.  I used to sit on his lap in the
Living room, when I was a young boy.  He was kind.  I remember that he
Reminded me of Abraham Lincoln.  But not as tall.

He died when I was six-one month before my seventh birthday.  My mom
Said I had became withdrawn and would hardly even talk.  My mom said that
My first grade school teacher called and said, “what’s wrong with Bob?  He
Acts like he just lost his best friend?”  My mom said that I did.

As a young boy, this was my first real encounter with death.  I still remember
Him.  He was kind, loyal, loving, and smart.

My grandfather had only a 4th grade education.  Yet he went to Carnegie Tech
( now Carnegie Mellon ), to study later in his life.  As I get older, I find myself
More and more, thinking about the people that I love ( or loved me ), in this life.

Granddad, this one is for you.

Respectfully,

Robert P. Wallman
6-22-07


No comments:

Post a Comment