Sunday, March 11, 2012










PERSISTENCE





We are
Never going to be perfect
As our Lord and Savior
Was perfect

We are human
We have limitations
We have weaknesses

That doesn’t mean
We should give up
And keep striving
To get better

It just means
That we must recognize
That we are NOT God

Accept it

Keep learning more about ourselves
And keep ourselves moving
In that positive direction
To becomes as close to God---and Christ
As we can---for us

PERSISTENCE

Do you know what persistence means

Persistence means to---
Refuse to give up
It means to persevere

It means
That when we slip up
From time to time
And we will

It means for us
To continue to stand firm in our faith---to persevere

It means for us
To continue to believe
In God’s plan and love for us

It means that we should NOT LISTEN
To those internal and external voices
That are telling us
That we don’t measure up
And that we never will

WE MUST KNOW
That when we begin to doubt ourselves
That GOD STILL BELIEVES in us

“My sheep listen to my voice
I KNOW THEM---and they know me
I give them eternal life
And they shall NEVER PERISH
NO ONE can snatch them
Out of my hand

My Father
Who has given them to me
Is GREATER THAN ALL
NO ONE can snatch them
Out of my Father’s hand
I and the Father are ONE”                                  John 10:27-30

So we must persist
In our faith
We must persevere
In our faith

It is
Our persistence and perseverance
That touches God---NOT OUR PERFECTION
As he knows---he ALONE is perfect

“I thank my God
Every time I remember you
In all my prayers
For all of you

I always pray with joy
Because of our partnership
In the Gospel

From the first day until now
Being confident of this
That he who began
A good work in you
Will carry it on to completion
Until the day of Christ Jesus”                                              1 Philippians 3-6

PERSIST AND PERSEVERE in faith
God loves you

Robert P. Wallman
1-17-12

No comments:

Post a Comment