Monday, May 14, 2012










MAY 15th, 2012






THE SECRET TO RADIANT LIVING


The great German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche
Once said,
To a group of Christians,
“I thought you were redeemed
You don’t look alive
Most of you look half dead”

Jesus said,
“I am the vine
You are the branches”

And in the XVth chapter
Of Saint Matthew’s Gospel
He says,
“If anyone
Wants to come after me
He must deny himself
And take up his cross
And follow me”

Are you serious Lord
What do you mean

I think
Jesus is telling us
That our cross
Is anything
That separates us
From God and him
Anything we are putting
Above God and Jesus

I think
Jesus is telling us
That there
Can be no co-existence
Between God
And our selfish sinful nature

I think Jesus
Is trying to teach us
To do things
His way
To live
Out of love
And out of compassion

And that
If we do this
We will leave
The world a better place
Than the world we found

And so Lord we pray
I am weak
But you are strong
Please teach us
To live radiantly
Through you

Please take over
And shine through us
And in us
In ways
That we will never know

And we pray Jesus
That you
Be given all the glory
Amen

Robert P. Wallman
9-2-10

Ps        Inspired by the teaching of Father Leo Clifford


The cross is the means by which Jesus died and is used as a metaphor
For self-sacrifice

“For the message of the cross is foolishness
To those who are perishing
But to us who are being saved
It is the Power of God

For it is written:

“I will destroy
The wisdom of the wise
The intelligence of the intelligent
I will frustrate”

Where is the wise man?
Where is the scholar?
Where is the philosopher of this age?

Has not God
Made foolish
The wisdom of the world?”                                   1 Corinthians:18 thru 20






No comments:

Post a Comment