Friday, August 10, 2012







AUGUST 11th, 2012


MY GODCHILD

My godchild is beautiful
Is beautiful
On the outside
And on the in

She has a wit
She has a sense of humor
And she has
A sense of honor too

She may not be holy
But she is spiritual
In her own right

She shares the feast day
Of Saint Francis’ friend, Saint Clare
And she is a good person
Who likes to share

In the end
I will always love her
And my godchild
She will always be

Someday I hope she realizes
How much I love her
And what she means to me

Robert P. Wallman
8-12-06

Stephanie was born August 11th, 1995
Her confirmation name is Clare
Saint Clare’s feast day is today

Ps        “The wolf will lay down with the lamb
              The leopard will lie down with the goat
              The calf and the lion and the yearling together
              And a little CHILD will lead them”                                            Isaiah 11:6

             “This is how we know that we love the CHILDREN of God
               By loving God and carrying out his commands”                               1 John 5:2
              

No comments:

Post a Comment