Sunday, August 12, 2012








I LOVE YOU THIS MUCH


All my life
My mom and I
Had the most beautiful relationship

I would always
Spread my arms as wide as I could
And say,

        “I love you this much”

And she would simply smile
And hold her thumb and forefinger
About a ¼ of an inch apart
And say,

        “I love you this much”

And we would both be smiling
And I would give her a big huga

Well I am here
To tell you
As much as I
Loved my mom
That is how much GOD LOVES YOU

“The Lord appeared to us
In the past saying:

“I have loved you
With an everlasting love
I have drawn you
With loving kindness”                                                                         Jeremiah 31:3

Can you imagine that
Our God-THE GOD-and creator of the universe
Loves each of us
“With an everlasting love”

I can just imagine
God looking at us-smiling at us
And saying,
“I LOVE you this much”

Well sadly
A few days
Before my mom passed
She said to me,

“Bob-I don’t want you
To say that anymore”

Of course
I didn’t say it anymore
But I FELT it

MOM-you are gone
You are NOT forgotten
And everyday of my life

In my heart-
In my mind-
In my soul-

I say about my mom,

“I love you this much”

And that is exactly
What our God does and says about us

Stretching his arms as wide
As the East is from the West
He says,

“I LOVE YOU THIS MUCH”

Robert P. Wallman
8-12-12

No comments:

Post a Comment