Monday, August 27, 2012








AUGUST 28th, 2012


PRAYER OF FAITH

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve 
But I was made weak, that I might humbly obey

I asked for health, that I might do great things
I was given infirmity, that I might know what is great

I asked God for riches, that I might be happy
But I was given poverty, that I might be wise

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God

I asked God for all things, that I might enjoy life
But I was given life, that I might enjoy all things

I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I needed
Almost in spite of myself, my prayers were answered

I am among all men, most richly blessed

Author unknown
First read 12-22-84
Rpw 11-01-07

Ps        pretty much the story of my life

Works are actions or accomplishments
Often in the sense of trying to please God
Through moral living

“And we know that in all things
God WORKS for the good of those who love him
Who have been called according to his purpose”                   Romans 8:28

“NOT by WORKS-so that no one can boast”                          Ephesians 2:9

“To prepare God’s people for WORKS of service
So that the body of Christ can be built up
Until we all reach UNITY in the faith
And the knowledge of the SON of God
And becoming mature
Attaining the full measure of the fullness of Christ”                 Ephesians 4:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment