Thursday, March 27, 2014

journal/NOISES OFF

Dear Lord-WE PRAY that we do not the daily distractions turn us away from you-and we PRAY
That we KEEP God and FAMILY in their rightful place-NUMBER ONE in our hearts-minds-and
souls

CREATE in us a CLEAN HEART oh GOD and put anew and right spirit within us

it is a GREAT DAY to be ALIVE! in God's LOVE FOR US


















NOISES OFF




Are you like me
Do you get tired
Of the NOISES OF LIFE


Sometimes I feel IF
I ever hear
Another word
Coming out of that television set
I am going to go crazy


At that point
I put the tv on mute
Or off all together


NOISES OFF




There used to be
A song called,
“SILENCE IS GOLDEN”
And sometimes I believe that


At that time
It is just God
And me
Alone in the room
And I can HEAR GOD
Speaking to me
And giving me
Directions and answers
To my prayers


Noises off
LET GOD IN


“But when you pray
Go into your room
And pray to your Father
Who is unseen


Then your Father
Who sees what is done
In secret
Will reward you” Matthew 6:6


Sometimes
You got to
TUNE the world out
In order
TO TUNE GOD IN


NOISES OFF
Let God in


And that's
WHEN AND WHERE
I first
Began to learn
About God


After my third life and death surgery
Within a year
And still not knowing what is wrong
And the doctors
Still didn't know either


So I locked myself
INSIDE of my room
On 3400 Massachusetts Avenue
And just began to pray


OPENING my heart and mind
And soul to God
After all
That is what prayer is
Just opening up yourself
To God


And God
Began to take over my life
He just needs an inch
And like the mustard seed
GOD'S LOVE will grow and grow


He can work miracles
In you and me
THROUGH FAITH


Noises off
Let God in
SILENCE IS GOLDEN


My mom
Used to tell me,
“IF you can't say something nice
Don't say anything at all”


And I have heard it said:


“STAY quiet
And people won't know
How dumb you are”


“EVEN
A fool is thought wise
If he keeps silence
And discerning
If he holds his tongue” Proverbs 17:28


But mostly
We should keep silent
Because God knows
What is happening
Even when we don't


He KNOWS more about us
Than we
Know about ourselves


“But the Lord
Is in his HOLY TEMPLE
Let all the earth
Be silent before him” Habakkuk 2:20


NOISES OFF
Silence is golden
WHEN you let God in


Robert P. Wallman
February 10th, 2014





ps Misc. WITNESS 3-27-14

No comments:

Post a Comment