Tuesday, March 11, 2014

journal/THE BREAD OF LIFE

The very word "LENT" is derived from a word that translates into springtime-and springtime is a VERY

REAL REMINDER that even during the long cold dark winter-that NEW LIFE is still BEGINNING-

That the cycle of life is CONTINUALLY moving forward



AND SO TOO with the ETERNAL WORD OF GOD-by LIVING in FAITH and in the WORD

of  GOD-that brings NEW LIFE into our hearts that we can carry God's message into EVERY CORNER

of the world



it is A GREAT DAY to be ALIVE in GOD'S ETERNAL LOVE for us

















THE BREAD OF LIFE ( is Eternal Life )









“I am the Bread of Life

He who comes to me

Will never go hungry

And he who believes in me

Will never go thirsty”
John 6:35





If you saw a fountain

And someone told you

That if you drank


From that fountain

You would have

The gift of eternal life





I wonder

How many of us

Would rush to that fountain to drink





I know that I would





Jesus tells us,

“For my Father’s will

Is that everyone

Who looks to the Son

And believes in him

Shall have eternal life

And I will raise him up

On the last day”





How many of us

Want ETERNAL life

I would dare say

Almost all of us





How many of us

Really believe that Jesus is THE CHRIST

The ONE AND ONLY SON OF GOD





I would dare say

NOT many of us

For if we really and truly believed in him

A GOD OF LIFE,
A GOD OF LOVE,
AND A GOD OF TRUTH





Would we have a world

Filled with war, murder, rape, child-abuse,

And only the Lord knows what else





Eternal life is simply

A life everlasting with God

It is the choice of God and love

Over hatred and sin





Jesus took the bread

Gave it to his disciples and said,

“This is my body”

He then took the cup

Gave it to his disciples and said,

“This is my blood

The blood of the new and everlasting covenant

Which is poured out for many”





Eternal life means simply

A life everlasting with God





Take on

The Body of Christ

Take on

The Blood of Christ





Choose God and love

Over the sins of this world





What would we do

Where would we go

Without God and Jesus in our lives





Simon Peter knew the answer,





“Lord to whom shall we go

You have the words of eternal life

We believe and know

That you are the Holy One of God”
John 6:68





Jesus said,





“I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE”





I believe him---do you?





Robert P. Wallman

5-14-11









ps misc. WITNESS 3-11-14








































































































No comments:

Post a Comment