Tuesday, March 10, 2015

JOURNAL=3-10-15=GLORY

















JOURNAL=3-10-15=GLORY




“Do not let us be put to shame-
but deal with us in your KINDNESS AND GREAT MERCY


DELIVER US by your wonders
And BRING GLORY to your name-O Lord” Daniel 3:42-43




Do you KNOW the story of Maria Goretti? How about this? Do you know the story of Alessandro Serenelli? If you know ONE-CHANCES ARE you know the other-because their lives did intercept


At the age of eleven-a young man in the neighborhood-first made advances to her-pestered her-and threatened her and kill her-IF she resisted-She resisted and he killed her


She FORGAVE the 20-year-old Alessandro on her deathbed-saying she wanted to see him in PARADISE-in a modern day world-WHERE almost any kind of FORGIVENESS seems unattainable-what an UNBELIEBABLE STORY


BUT the story does NOT end there-Alessandro had a CONVERSION EXPERIENCE in prison-and later asked for and RECEIVED FORGIVENESS from Maria's mother-and attended the canonization of Maria in 1950


SOMETIMES-we wallow in our own GUILT-and we wonder IF FORGIVENESS is even possible-but the story of Alessandro and Maria and her mother-and the story of Jesus-HIS death and crucifixion-and HIS RESURRECTION for ALL of our sins tells us that it is


it is a GREAT DAY to be ALIVE in GOD'S LOVE for us-and a good day to ask-WHO CAN we FORGIVE today-and GIVE the GLORY to GOD




GLORY




I am not seeking
Earthly glory
Nor even
Heavenly glory
ALL I wish
Is that someone/somewhere/some day
Will give GLORY TO GOD
Because of the life
That I have tried
To lead


And by glory
I mean
“The grandeur and majesty
Of God revealed'


“But you are a shield
Around me-O Lord


You bestow GLORY on me
And lift up
My head” Psalm 3:4


God doesn't need me
Nor you-For that matter
To GLORIFY his name


That
Has already been done
In the PERFECT life and love
Of OUR Lord Jesus Christ


Never the less
How PLEASING it is to God
When we live lives
That GLORIFY his name


“GLORIFY the Lord
With me
Let us exalt his name together” Psalm 34:3


Please God
GLORIFY his HOLY name


“When a man's ways
Are pleasing to the Lord
He makes
Even his enemies
LIVE AT PEACE with him” Proverbs 16:7


I live
For the glory of God
I love
For the glory of God


We must REMEMBER
That even Jesus himself
Did not
Try to please himself
But tried
To please his FATHER


“And HE
That sent me is with me
The Father
Has not left me alone
For I do ALWAYS those things
That please him” John 8:29


“NO ONE takes
This honor upon himself
He must be CALLED
BY GOD


Just as Aaron was


So Christ
Also did not take
Upon himself
The GLORY of becoming a high priest
But God said to him:


'YOU are my SON
Today I have become your Father'” Hebrews 5:4


So today
I INVITE YOU
To join Jesus
And me ( in my feeble attempt)
In living lives
THAT GLORIFY GOD'S NAME
And are pleasing
To GOD our Father


The Father of Jesus
And the adoptive Father
Of us ALL


Robert P. Wallman
11-20-13




Ps MISC. WITNESS 4-23-14




3-10-15




No comments:

Post a Comment