Saturday, May 16, 2015

JOURNAL=5-16-15=A NEWNESS IN THE LORD

JOURNAL=5-16-15=A NEWNESS IN THE LORD “ALL you peoples-clap your hands-shout to God with cries of gladness” Psalm 47:2 Did you KNOW today is a SPECIAL DAY? For some-it is their birthday-for some-it may be an anniversary-a graduation-or some other SPECIAL EVENT-but even IF it isn't-it is STILL a special day FOR ALL OF US YOU SEE-in the ENTIRE history of the universe-there has NEVER been another day like it-and in our lifetime-there has NEVER been another day like it either-NEVER a sunrise like it-never a sunset like it-and NEVER a day exactly like today-to BEGIN OUR NEWNESS in the Lord-IF we haven't already-done so-it is ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY to turn our life over to the Lord-AND there will never be another day like it And TODAY is the day from which the REST of our life will FLOW-it is a PRECIOUS DAY in the site of the Lord-and IF like me-you realize this-YOU will have a hard time restraining your JOY and gratitude to the Lord and for the Lord it is A GREAT DAY to be ALIVE in GOD'S LOVE for us and it is a great day-FOR BEGINNING-or continuing our life in the Lord A NEWNESS IN THE LORD In chapter 12 of Genesis The Lord said to Abraham, “LEAVE your country Your people And your father's household And go to the land I will show you” Genesis 12:1 And Abraham did And became The FATHER of many nations Has life-Has God Ever asked you to move To change cities To LEAVE families and friends behind And start anew I moved from Pittsburgh, Pa., To Miami, Florida Wit my mom Leaving family and friends behind But MOVING To a city-WHERE I had someone Another sister-Terri NEVERTHELESS Change was/and is No easy thing But it worked out GOOD For mom and me And it worked out good For Abraham But I have To tell you Change is NO EASY THING While you are going through it But the MOST important CHANGE In me Has NOT been My physical surroundings But the TOTAL in-depth transformation Of myself To really becoming a CHRISTIAN And making a 100% ALL-OUT commitment To GOD-family-friends-and churches A NEWNESS In the Lord A newness of self I SUSPECT While not really knowing That that Is what happened to Abraham too A TOTAL 100% commitment To God-family-and HIS JEWISH HERITAGE “HE PUT A new song in my mouth A hymn of PRAISE To our God Many will see and fear And put their TRUST In the Lord” Psalm 40:3 THIS is a song I will happily sing For ALL The remaining days Of my life God-family-friends-church LOVE-forgiveness-kindness Jesus Christ and HIS teachings Forever and ever I have SEEN THE LIGHT There can be NO other way A NEWNESS In the Lord I have Been TRANSFORMED “Therefore IF anyone is in Christ He is A NEW CREATION The old has gone The NEW has come” 2 Corinthians 5:17 I have Left the land Of self-will I have embraced The land of surrender A NEWNESS IN THE LORD Dear Lord I believe As Abraham did That you Have called me To new lands And that you Have transformed me From the inside out “You were taught With regard to your Former way of life To put off Your old self Which is being corrupted By its deceitful desires To be MADE NEW In the attitude Of your minds And to PUT ON THE NEW SELF CREATED to be like God In true righteousness And holiness” Ephesians 4:22-24 Thank you Lord I/WE are made new A NEWNESS IN THE LORD Robert P. Wallman March 16th, 2014 Ps Inspired by an article LIVEING FAITH magazine by Sister Macrina Weidekehr, O.S.B. 5-16-15

No comments:

Post a Comment