Sunday, May 17, 2015

JOURNAL=5-17-15=THE FACE OF GOD

JOURNAL=5-17-15=FACE-TO-FACE WITH GOD “NO ONE has ever seen God-Yet-IF we LOVE ONE ANOTHER-God REMAINS in us-and his love is BROUGHT to perfection in us” 1 John 4:12 IT IS TRUE-that no one has seen the face of God-but MANY have seen GOD'S ONLY SON-Jesus Christ-the second person of the TRINITY And Jesus is in every one of us in this world-he is IN the people at every intersection in Miami asking for money to feed their family-he is in the men and women in every VA hospital in this country-he is in the homeless mother and their children-he is in the mentally ill-and he is every one of us and whatever our needs are That is WHY it is so IMPORTANT that we LOVE our neighbor-WHOEVER they may be-and the NEEDY are in every country and culture in this world-WE KNOW that loving OUR NEIGHBOR is doing the WILL OF GOD-because it is the second commandment of Christ-and is EVERY bit as important as the first-he once TOLD US And so-WHILE we may never see the ACTUAL FACE of GOD-we know what Jesus looks like-and we see him again and again in the MARGINALIZED PEOPLE of this world So go out into the world-and see a person in NEED and you will seethe FACE of God-the face of CHRIST-and by HELPING someone-it will BRING GOD'S LOVE to perfection in you it is a GREAT DAY to be ALIVE in GOD'S LOVE for us-and a great day-for spreading GOD'S LOVE to someone in need FACE-TO-FACE WITH GOD Have you ever Wanted to see God FACE-TO-FACE I thought I wanted to But I don't I would feel ASHAMED For some Of the things I have done in my life And feel unworthy INFERIOR Too low To see God FACE-TO-FACE Yet that Is exactly What God tells us That if we are UPRIGHT AND JUST We will see God's face “The Lord is RIGHTEOUS He loves just deeds The upright Shall see his face” Psalm 11:7 Nevertheless ASSUMING I am upright and just I STILL DON'T want to see his face I would just feel SO INFERIOR I HOPE I never see his face UNTIL judgment time At which time I will hang my head low AND NOT look up Jacob saw his face After wrestling with God All night “So Jacob Called the place Peniel,” Saying, “It is because I saw God face-to-face And yet my life Was spared” Genesis 32:30 Yet Jacob NEVER Describes The Lord's FACE The MOST that we know Is that Moses' face became RADIANTLY ALIVE “WHEN Moses Came down from Mount Sinai With the two tablets In his hands He was not aware That his face was radiant Because he had spoken with the Lord” Exodus 34:29 So we KNOW God's face Must be radiant Like the sun “LET the light of your face SHINE upon us O Lord” Psalm 4:6 No-GOD'S FACE Is too bright For any of us To actually visibly see While in this world I think the most That we can hope for IS to be in God's PRESENCE SPIRITUALLY speaking And that our friendship Will GROW with God HEART-to-HEART And as God DRAWS us closer and closer To him We can begin To see The face of God in us “FOR GOD, who said 'LET the light SHINE out of darkness' Made his light SHINE in our hearts To give us The light of the knowledge Of the GLORY of God In the FACE of Christ” 2 Corinthians 4:6 For it was Christ Who was-who is And who ALWAYS will be THE FACE OF GOD ON EARTH Robert P. Wallman June 16th, 2014 Ps INSPIRED by an article in Living Faith Magazine by Father Kenneth Grabner, C.S.C. God said to Moses=”You cannot see my face-for NO MAN shall see my face and LIVE” Exodus 33:20 5-17-15

No comments:

Post a Comment