Monday, June 22, 2015

STUFF-IS IT IMPORTANT?

STUFF-IS IT IMPORTANT? OUR LIVES are nothing If not-a large accumulation – OF STUFF And I am saddened To say MOST of the stuff That you and I accumulate Are meaningless WE CAN’T Take it with us “DO NOT store up For yourselves On earth- WHERE moth and decay destroy And thieves break in And steal” Matthew 6:19 Do you Have a lot of self-storage areas Where you live TONS of them Around here WE can certainly Put our stuff there For SURELY—we can’t Take our stuff to God- WHEN he calls us home (Nor should we want to) For I am sure He would say something Like this: “NO ONE Can serve two masters Either you will hate the one And love the other Or you Will be DEVOTED To the one And despite the other YOU CANNOT SERVE both God And money” Matthew 6:24 I LOVE GOD I am DEVOTED to God My stuff- Is really NOT All that important I am NOT Trying to say All material things Are bad But what I am saying Is that they Are a lot LESS IMPORTANT Than things like: Well like FAMILY-for instance- And FRIENDS-and community- COMPASSION-integrity-PEACE-and forgiveness Isn’t it funny That the things We can touch Are so much less important Than the things We can’t touch MAYBE-storage facilities- Are NOT so important after all Or just maybe MORE OF US In this world NEED A HEART THE self-storage facility For really KNOWING what in important And WHERE we will KEEP our FAMILY AND FRIENDS-our community- OUR COMPASSION- Our integrity-and our peace-and our forgiveness That is WHAT CAPTIVATES THE HEART That is WHAT I TREASURE What captivates your heart What do you KEEP In your storage facility Robert P. Wallman 6-17-15 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Sister Melannie Svoboda-S.N.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment