Sunday, September 6, 2015

COMMISSIONED BY Jesus-COMMISSIONED BY God

COMMISSIONED BY JESUS-COMMISSIONED BY GOD We all have a CALLING In life For some-it is to be A priest-a pastor- Or some other type of profession Within the church I too Feel like I have a calling TO WORK FOR GOD Though NOT within the confines Of any one specific church Nevertheless I don't feel like my calling Is of any less importance For IF any one of us BRING ONE person to God Or strengthens one person's faith Our work Is NOT in vain “Jesus said to Simon 'Do not be afraid From now on You will be catching men' When they brought Their boats to the shore They left everything And followed him” Luke 15:11 Peter was commissioned By God and Jesus To catch souls For the kingdom of God We too are commissioned And as we allow God's love to seep DEEP into our hearts He will overwhelm us With his love And we will hear HIS CALL OF DISCIPLESHIP “As a prisoner For the Lord Then I urge you To LIVE a life WORTHY of the calling You have received” Ephesians 4:1 What could be better Than being called by GOD? I would bet The ORIGINAL APOSTLES Would give their lives To God and Jesus As I would do What I do 1,000 times over again GOD'S SPIRIT intercedes For us And empowers us TO PROCLAIM the gospel Of God And the gospel Of our Lord Jesus Christ The gospel of LOVE The gospel of KINDNESS And the gospel Of FORGIVENESS “Therefore-my brothers and sisters Make every effort To CONFIRM your calling And election” 2 Peter 1:10 EVERY CHRISTIAN In this world Has been called by God Has been called by Christ Has been called By the CHURCH It is just a matter Of saying YES And letting our LOVE FLOW out of our hearts Like Peter- I would forsake everything FOR GOD Like Peter I would forsake everything FOR JESUS And like Peter I first FAILED HIM OVER AND OVER AGAIN In Matthew28 Jesus gives us THE GREAT COMMISSION “Then Jesus- Came to them and said, 'ALL AUTHORITY In heaven and on earth Has been given to me Therefore go and make disciples Of all nations Baptizing them In the name of the Father And of the Son And of the Holy Spirit And teaching them to obey Everything I commanded you And surely I am with you- ALWAYS- To the very end Of the age” Matthew 28:18-20 Dear Lord-I HUMBLY ACCEPT your invitation For there is NO GREATER HONOR Than to be a SERVANT of God And to “CATCH” souls For his kingdom I HOPE you will ACCEPT too Robert P. Wallman 9-2-15 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Leo Zachettin

No comments:

Post a Comment