Friday, September 18, 2015

LIVING THE AUTHENTIC LIFE

LIVING THE AUTHENTIC LIFE Do you live An authentic life By that I mean Are your words-actions- And prayers along the same lines Or are you hypocritical Like so many of us are today Authentic means “To be real or genuine” (NOT copied or false) By my account Jesus Christ Was the most authentic man Who ever lived He was BORN in the spirit He lived and died In the spirit And WHEN he Left this world He left his SPIRIT OF LOVE behind For all of us His spirit of love His spirit of forgiveness And his spirit of kindness “Jesus journeyed From one town and village To another Preaching and proclaiming The GOOD NEWS Of the KINGDOM of God” Luke 8:1 For a Christian follower A life only makes sense If it is in The footsteps of Jesus LIVING love and kindness Acting love and forgiveness And praying for others And wishing them LOVE AND HAPPINESS And forgiving them IF they have offended you In some way WITH Jesus-there is Not only purpose But meaning and direction UNCONDITIONAL LOVE-unlimited compassion- And living with real hope and true peace And if you are living these things You are living an AUTHENTIC LIFE Just like Jesus “The REALITY-however- Is found in Christ” Colossians 2:17 “For my flesh is REAL food And my blood is real drink Whoever eats my flesh And drinks my blood REMAINS in me And I in them” John 6:55-56 With Jesus We have the LOVE Of God Present and available to us Jesus guides us Through life Jesus shows us How to live He teaches us HOW to serve one another And he gives us THE GREAT COMMISSION To follow him And SPREAD the Word Of God To anyone and everyone Who is ready to hear it “Then Jesus came to them And said, 'ALL authority in heaven And on earth Has been given to me THEREFORE Go and make disciples Of all nations Baptizing them In the name of the Father And of the Son And of the Holy SPIRIT And teaching them To obey everything I have commanded you And SURELY I am with you ALWAYS To the very end Of the age'” Matthew 28:18-20 I can think of NO greater life Than DISCIPLESHIP to Jesus And being his companion And FRIEND As we travel Through life For this is The way to LIVING AN AUTHENTIC LIFE FOLLOWING the ONE TRUE/ And most authentic life That ever lived=IN JESUS CHRIST Robert P. Wallman 9-17-15 Ps INSPIRED by an article in LIVING FAITH MAGAZINE by Fr. John Dear

No comments:

Post a Comment